Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

epsilons
Adept III

Re: Ryzen Master does not start properly

Jump to solution

Hey yasen

Thanks for the heads up. I sure hope it would have fixed my issue but unfortunatly i guess i'm cursed because it have not.

I went ahead and uninstalled every Microsoft Visual C++ entries from Control Panel/Programs and Features.
Then I switched my region, language and everything in the Windows settings to United States and English (United States).

Then I tried to install AMD Ryzen Master v1.5.2.869

And still the same issue as before. Claim it has Succesfully Installed, but nothing is installed!

Guess I have a different kind of issue with mine. It sure as hell give me headache because i've sunk hundred of hours trying to figure out why and how to fix it.

Tho in my case, v1.4.0.728 install just fine without any issue. It's the only version at the moment that do work and install flawlessly with my system...

0 Kudos
epsilons
Adept III

Jump to solution

amdmattyasenkuaurse

Well good news. I finally fixed the issue. But I had to go deep and even hack the .msi installer and modify it's code. I'll describe in detail what i've done to finally be able to install AMD Ryzen Master v1.5.2.869 on my system and I will also provide a download link at the end of this guide with a fixed .msi installer for AMD Ryzen Master v1.5.2.869.

I hope AMD software engineer can use the information I will provide below to release a proper version that install flawlessly on all system.

Please read carefully. I will go deeply into details.

1. I installed AMD Ryzen Master v1.5.2.869 that I downloaded from here :
    https://download.amd.com/Desktop/AMD-Ryzen-Master.exe
  2. Then after the installation was completed I got the message Succesfully installed but nothing was installed at all. No Ryzen Master on my computer, when I hit the "Launch and Exit" button, nothing happen, no shortcut for AMD Ryzen Master on Desktop, nothing. At this point Ryzen Master is not installed.
  3. But the installer did extract some installation files and now I had acces to this file :
    C:\AMD\RyzenMasterExtract\MSIFiles\Packages\AMD Ryzen Master UI.exe
  4. I ran C:\AMD\RyzenMasterExtract\MSIFiles\Packages\AMD Ryzen Master UI.exe and received the following error message :
    Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file location exists and is writable.
  5. At this point DO NOT CLOSE the Windows Installer window showing this specific error message. I repeat DO NOT press the OK button to close it. Because if you do, the temporary extracted files located in the %temp% folder will instantly get deleted in the process of closing the error message window.
  6. While the error message is still up and running, I navigated to %temp% using the adress bar of my windows explorer
  7. I've found the file AMD Ryzen Master.msi in this folder :
    C:\Users\YOUR_WINDOWS_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\
  8. Once inside the Temp folder, do a search for the file called AMD Ryzen Master.msi since it's located in a subfolder with a randomized name.
  9. Once you find it, copy and paste the AMD Ryzen Master.msi file onto your desktop or anywhere of your liking. You can't use cut and paste because it's being used by the still running Windows Installer window showing the error message (which I described at step 4).
  10. Once you have copied the AMD Ryzen Master.msi file somewhere safe (i.e. on your Desktop) you can now safely close the Windows Installer error message window by pressing the OK button located at the bottom right.
  11. Now the fun part begins. You'll notice that if you try to run the AMD Ryzen Master.msi file, AMD Software Engineer had the bright idea of blocking this method by showing the following error message :
    Installation of AMD Ryzen Master from extracted binaries is prohibited
  12. At this point, because of this built-in protection, you can't do anything with it. So I decided to use an app called jsMSIx to completly extract the .msi file just like if it was an archive. You can download this app here :
    JSWare MSI Extractor/Unpacker
  13. It gave me all of the folder and subfolder with all the executable and drivers and whatnot to use AMD Ryzen Master v1.5.2.869 just like if it was installed for real, but was simply extracted instead. But, unfortunatly, when I launched the executable : AMD\RyzenMaster\bin\AMD Ryzen Master.exe
    I received the following error message :
    Ryzen Master does not support current processor.
    Unsupported Processor!
  14. But fear not. I was not going to give up this easily. I decided it was time to crack open the AMD Ryzen Master.msi and modify it's condition / code to get it to install regardless of the built-in protection.
  15. I downloaded a free MSI editor to get access to what I wanted to achieve. For that you will need the app InstEd that you can download here :
    Download InstEd v1.5.15.26
  16. With InstEd installed, I used it to open and edit the AMD Ryzen Master.msi file.
  17. Within InstEd app their is a Tables tab where you will see one that is called LaunchCondition, click on it.
  18. Once you're there, you'll see at the right of the InstEd app some Condition and Description.
  19. What is of interest to us here is the following :
    Condition :                         Description :
    QTLAUNCH = 1                  Installation of [ProductName] from extracted binaries is prohibited.
  20. Right click on the condition QTLAUNCH = 1 and hit the Delete Row(s) option in the drop-down menu.
  21. Using the toolbar located at the top of InstEd, hit File then Save
  22. That's it, by using this new modified .msi file you can now install AMD Ryzen Master.msi v1.5.2.869 without receiving the following error message :
    Installation of AMD Ryzen Master from extracted binaries is prohibited
  23. Everything can't be perfect in this world and you will still get a generic MSI Error 1720 at the very end of the installation process, don't be mad, just hit the X to close this error message and you can now launch AMD Ryzen Master v1.5.2.869 by using the desktop shortcut that was created during the installation process without any issue. And as far as i'm concerned, everything works just fine.
  24. Also, you'll notice that by using this method, it gave me access to the old installation UI that was previously used for AMD Ryzen Master v1.4.0.728, which not so surprisingly work just fine. The new transparent and modern-looking installation UI used in v1.5.1 and 1.5.2 is broken and need to be fixed because it doesn't work for many people, and that confirm the very strong gutt feeling I had since the beginning that the problem is located somewhere in the installer and not on the system itself.

I really hope this post will help peoples who have the same issue as me and that AMD will elevate this to their Software Engineer so we can have a proper release next time that doesn't involve the end-user going that deep to be able to install it. Took me from December 3rd to December 22th to fix that annoying issue I had with the new version of AMD Ryzen Master refusing to install on my system. That's 19 days. But i'm proud I did it, by myself, before AMD was able to release a fix.

Download link for the fixed msi installer for AMD Ryzen Master v1.5.2.869:
Download AMD Ryzen Master v1.5.2.869.msi

ymml
Adept I

Jump to solution

Success for the French (France) language system Win 10 Pro 64 bits last build !

Thanks AMD & amdmatt !!!

epsilons
Adept III

Jump to solution

The only thing that worked for me despite the newly released version was this :
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/a7vne2/need_help_amd_ryzen_master_v152869_installatio...

0 Kudos
canbera
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

first of all hello and late merry christmas, and my apologies for bumping this thread, but the solution unfortunately hasn't worked for me.

I did the MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall thing followed by amd utility cleanup, installed the chipset driver and the updated version of AMD Ryzen Master, and nothing has changed for me.

Still the same like what happens in the .gif that the user jonforum posted.

If that helps, I got a Ryzen 7 2700x, Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 Wifi Mainboard, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, latest version.

Thank you in advance for the help,

Greetings.

0 Kudos
epsilons
Adept III

Jump to solution

If you have an NVIDIA GPU in the NVIDIA Control Panel under the "Manage 3D Settings" // "Global Setting", i'd suggest you hit "Restore" at the bottom to disable all kind of MFAA / FXAA method because it has been known to cause issue with Ryzen Master.

If that doesnt fix your issue i'd also suggest you put you'r system region in United State and language in English (United State) since it has been known to fix the issue for some users.

Also double check that you have the AMD Ryzen Master v1.5.2.869 installer (latest revision).

Last but not least, you might want to try this method if those 2 steps mentionned above fail to resolve your launch issue with Ryzen Master :
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/a7vne2/need_help_amd_ryzen_master_v152869_installatio...

someone000
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

None of the above steps work for me unfortunely. I still get a blank window with some wierd blur effect.

Have tried:

a) Region Setting/Lanuguage to US

b) NVIDIA settings disable/restore

c) The reddit edit solution

I'm running windows 10 Enterprise. Can we please get a solution to this pronto. It's crazy that one spends $1,700 on a processor, and have software from the OEM that doesn't work on it. A good place to start would be to remove all that anti extracted binary install bullcr*p. Amazed that this was allowed to get past QA, and then furthermore remain published after multiple reports of broken installations...

0 Kudos
epsilons
Adept III

Jump to solution

someone000​ I see you marked one of my reply as helpful. You might want to take a look at the post just above this one with the Reddit link. I've found a solution to the problem! Feel free to reply and let me know if it helped you install Ryzen Master v1.5.2.869

0 Kudos
noodles59
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Just built my Ryzen box (win10 1809/ cpu 2700x/ ram Predator 3200) and RMaster shows just fine

Ryzen Master.jpg

0 Kudos
epsilons
Adept III

Jump to solution

someone000

Try to download and install v1.4.0.728 from Guru3D

Tell me if it fix the issue you experience.

They claim it's v1.5.0.0728 but it's a typo and it is indeed the installation file for v1.4.0.728

Do a Google Search for :

Guru 3D AMD Ryzen Master Utility Download v1.5.0.0728

0 Kudos