Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

epsilons
Adept III

Re: Ryzen Master does not start properly

Jump to solution

I went ahead and created a post on /r/PCMasterRace describing my exact issue in details to try to get some help from the PC community since AMD is so slow to provide meaningfull solution to my problem :

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/a7vne2/need_help_amd_ryzen_master_v152869_installatio...

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

I have sent you a PM with some troubleshooting suggestions.

If users have issues installing or uninstalling Ryzen Master Tool, please refer to the user guide section 7.5, page 33 https://download.amd.com/documents/AMD-Ryzen-Processor-and-AMD-Ryzen-Master-Overclocking-Users-Guide...

"Recovering from Uninstall/Install issues If an existing Ryzen Master version fails to uninstall properly or fails to upgrade properly when a new version is being installed, use the Microsoft install/uninstall troubleshooter to clean up the Ryzen Master elements so that Ryzen Master can be cleanly installed."

See Microsoft application installation troubleshooter: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

0 Kudos
epsilons
Adept III

Jump to solution

I know I already tried that but unfortunately in my case that doesnt fix the issue at all.

0 Kudos
epsilons
Adept III

Jump to solution

- completely re installing windows 10 v1809 from scratch doesnt fix the issue

- running the microsoft install / uninstall utility to clean registry and fix installation issue doesnt fix the issue

- running the AMD Cleanup Utility that remove all trace of AMD Drivers, AMD Program, AMD registry key doesnt fix the issue either

Their is clearly something broken about the RMT v1.5.2 installer since the v1.4.0 from Guru3D use a different install method and work flawlessly every single time yet v1.5.2 refuse to install

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

You are using an old build of Windows, please update to 1809 and then try again.

0 Kudos
epsilons
Adept III

Jump to solution

Sorry it's a typo, i'm using v1809 october update

0 Kudos
epsilons
Adept III

Jump to solution

For unknown reason I can't get the v1.5.2.869 to install on my system but v1.4.0.728 found on Guru3D which by the way use a different installer work just fine.

Here are the step that I followed :

1. Tried to install AMD Ryzen Master v1.5.2.869 (latest revision) found here : AMD Ryzen Master v1.5.2.869 Download
  2. Get the message Succesfully Installed but nothing is installed at all. No Ryzen Master on my computer, when I hit the "Launch and Exit" button, nothing happen, no shortcut on Desktop, nothing. Ryzen Master is not installed.
  3. Ran the Microsoft Install and Uninstall.meta.diagcab program, cleanly uninstalled AMD Ryzen Master http://aka.ms/Program_Install_and_Uninstall
  4. Ran the AMD Cleanup Utility to remove all trace of AMD drivers, apps, registry key, etc AMD Cleanup Utility Download
  5. Ran the DDU v18.0.0.6 to uninstall AMD GPU Driver and get some more registry entrie removed just in case DDU v18.0.0.6 Download
  6. Since I cleaned everything, I installed AMD Chipset Drivers v18.10.1810 without any issue. Installation worked and drivers are indeed installed.
  7. Tried (again) to install AMD Ryzen Master v1.5.2.869 (latest revision) found here : AMD Ryzen Master v1.5.2.869 Download
  8. Get the message Succesfully Installed but nothing is installed at all. No Ryzen Master on my computer, when I hit the "Launch and Exit" button, nothing happen, no shortcut on Desktop, nothing. Ryzen Master is not installed.
  9. Since nothing have installed, decided to install AMD Ryzen Master v1.4.0.0728 found on Guru3D. Installation Succesful, and AMD Ryzen Master v1.4.0.0728 works just fine without any issue whatsoever. Guru3D AMD Ryzen Master v1.4.0.728 Download

At this point, i'm 100% sure their is somehow an issue / bug / problem related directly with the AMD Ryzen Master v1.5.2.869 installer / installation method used by the installer and that it can only be fixed by getting the AMD Software Engineer to release a new version which fix this exact issue that I and other peoples around the Internet have.

Maybe go back to the old installer OR provide an archive (.RAR, .ZIP) with a pre-installed / portable version of AMD Ryzen Master so that peoples with my issue can atleast get a workaround to get the new version up and running on their system?

Message for yasen and kuaurse : If you still face this very specific issue, please reply here or send a DM to amdmatt asap so he can get more information to figure out what is going on here.

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

We can discuss this in our PM, no need to post it twice.

epsilons
Adept III

Jump to solution

I updated the post accordingly in hope to get reply for possible solution from people that experienced my specific issue.

0 Kudos
yasen
Adept I

Jump to solution

Hi epsilons,

My issue was that I started to install RM (no matter what version), installation completes, but nothing installed. Windows 10 1809.

So to solve this I changed all regional setting to USA (recommended), and then installation is O'K. RM works fine (1.5.0869).

Then I returned my regional settings and RM works well again.

The only trouble is that during installation if you have installed Microsoft Visual C ++ you must uninstall all of them. Don't worry, they are installed again automatically.

Changing regional setting is only 30 seconds. No problem. The problem was that I wasted 2 days to find it.

If you are facing same problem - RM is installing, but w/o actually installed try this.

I hope this will help you as seems to be the same issue for me.