cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

MENINBLK001
Adept I

Ryzen Master being difficult and misbehaving

I have an ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula motherboard (BIOS 4006) with the AMD Ryzen 9 5950X installed and 64GB of 3600 MHz DDR4 RAM installed and working, running Windows 10 Pro x64 21H2.

Today, March 16, 2022, I updated my chipset drivers to 4.03.03.431 successfully.

I have installed and I am able to run AMD Ryzen Master v2.6.2.1818.

No matter how hard I have tried, I can not :

1- Upgrade Ryzen Master to v2.8.0.1937.

2- Uninstall Ryzen Master v2.62.1818.

Both times I am told that the version installed is a newer version and needs to be uninstalled

before I can install any other version. Right now I can't do anything other than run the application.

I need a little help here, or AMD needs to send out a patch correcting this problem.

What information do you need from me to help you determine what the problem is ?

Thank you,

Peter R.

0 Likes
5 Replies

Try using Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool to remove Ryzen Master. Then use it to install Ryzen Master: Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool 

Sounds like there is Registry entry that wasn't deleted causing your issue. The MS Tool should delete any Registry entries associated with the newer Ryzen Master.

0 Likes

I am still having the same problem.

I can not uninstall Ryzen Master Cleanly from my computer.

Trying to reinstall the NEWEST version of Ryzen Master tells me that I have a NEWER version already installed !!!

I got curious and started looking through my registry.

I noticed that every time I upgrade the AMD Chipset Drivers for X570 and I upgrade the drivers for my AMD RX 6800 XT card, the drivers for Ryzen Master are upgraded too !!!

No wonder my computer is so screwed up.

If you guys would just leave Ryzen Master alone to its own upgrades,

then neither myself or anyone else would be having these issues !!!

So now I need to try to either uninstall everything AMD and start from scratch

or just forget about using Ryzen Master at all, ever again....

0 Likes

Today I decided to uninstall all of the AMD drivers in my system and attempt to reinstall only the latest drivers and applications.

I have a Ryzen 9 5950X CPU on an ASUS CH8 Formula X570 Motherboard running BIOS 4201, 64GB of G.Skil DDR4 3600 MHz RAM and an AMD Radeon RX 6800XT GPU running Windows 10 Pro 21H2.

I uninstalled everything AMD.

I ran SFC /scannow on my system with no errors returned.

I ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth with  no errors returned.

I then installed AMD Chipset Driver 4.08.09.2337 and rebooted.

I then installed AMD Radeon Driver 22.9.2 and rebooted.

I then tried to install AMD Ryzen Master 2.9.0.2093 and it tells me that there is a NEWER VERSION installed !!!

How can I have a NEWER VERSION if this is the absolute latest version ???

I should be able to install it and I can not.

I am now at the point where I cannot get any further with this application.

I don't know what else to do.

0 Likes

I'm  just going to throw this out there..

1) in these situations I use Revo Uninstaller Pro. Make sure it does a system restore point first.

or in a real pickle and this far -->|   |<--  from a format and install

2) search the registry and delete all references to Ryzen master. You do realize this could cause problems though right?

p.s. I do not work for Revo,  just find it incredibly useful at times.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes

Thanks Hardwood,

I do review registry entries manually and delete those that have to only do with Ryzen Master.

This is how I realized what the Chipset Drivers and Graphics Drivers updates were doing to my system.

There is a set of CPU Drivers called Balanced Ryzen Master Drivers and they are constantly updated with every system driver update.

Ryzen Master needs to be left alone and not touched by these updates.

This is why so many AMD users are having issues with this application.

It doesn't really bother me with my computer performance because I am custom liquid cooled and my 5950X loves running at over 5.1 GHz with the lower temps.

0 Likes