cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kumarab123
Adept I

Ryzen Master and Some Other Issues (New Build)

Hi,

I just made a new build for an A/V workstation. Everything is fine, but there are a few issues that keep nagging me because I never experienced this with my earlier (Intel) systems.

1. The CPU doesn't seem to go into deep sleep state. No matter when I check (TaskManager), it always hovers around the 3.6 to 4.0 Ghz mark on idle.

2. Ryzen Master doesn't show the clocks at all. Current reading always shows 0 (yes, zero). I checked with HWInfo, and it doesn't even show me the clocks, just voltages and temps.

The system works fine otherwise. No OC or anything else done. Absolutely no issues in performance or stability. Latest chipset drivers from AMD. The power plan is set to Balanced (Windows). The post(bios) time does take between 9-10 seconds, but I've been told that's normal for Ryzen. Build specs below-

MSI B550 Gaming Plus (latest bios, set to optimized defaults, XMP profile 1)

Ryzen 5600x

GTX 1660 Super 6Gb GDDR6

32 GB DDR4 3200Mhz RAM

512GB nvme OS drive

1 Tb SATA SSD data drive

I'd be grateful if somebody could point me in the right direction or tell me what's going on.

Regards

Abhishek

0 Likes
1 Reply
kumarab123
Adept I

Reinstalled Windows from scratch (just to be sure, although there was no need). Did the same old routine, chipset drivers, etc etc. The issue persists. Why can't something called "Ryzen Master" show me the current clocks for a Ryzen processor. Actually, nothing can, except Windows Task Manager.

Once again, there's no performance or stability issues, but this thing is really bugging me. I'd be grateful for any response, any at all.

Regards

0 Likes