cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mr_xanman
Journeyman III

Ryzen Master & 4600G

When will the 4600G and similar newer processors be supported by Ryzen Master?
Is there any plans to support these chips with Ryzen Master?

I replaced the memory in my HP desktop and I am unable to modify the speed in the BIOS.

Stuck at 2133MHz when I should be at 3200MHz.

Any help is appreciated.

Be well,

4 Replies
shandybright
Journeyman III

I'm encountering the same issue.  Please AMD can you help with this.

0 Likes

More than likely with the OEM only chips, HP etc... have requested ? that RM be locked out for said processors.

As to ram upgrade, you may want to speak with HP support as to options.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

HP is really doing AMD (and every other supplier) a huge disfavor by neutering their products and not providing at least some of the products components capabilities in their bios.  Tests on the very same pc that I've seen show 20% performance increase just by moving the CPU and Memory to a different motherboard (and that is not even with any overclocking settings).  Perhaps I'll just have to live with it till I turf my HP motherboard, power supply, cpu cooler and chassis for something actually capable of the task.

I still don't have the speed issue fixed.  I think it has to do with the higher voltage the XMP 2.0 dimm demands, though no-one at HP will say anything regarding technical questions on their 'value'' products.

Maybe I can tolerate the slower speed, but what really frustrates me is now that I have 32GB in the system, I can't change the Dedicated memory for the IGP.  It is stuck at 512MB ... and I'm needing 4GB which the APU is capable of addressing.

It would be nice if the tech giants would actually step up and hold each other accountable for how their components are represented.

0 Likes

THANKS AMD.

Today I discovered at the current version of Ryzen Master supports the 4600g.  And it was able to change the Memory and Fabric speeds (YAY!!!).  There is also a myriad of other settings for tuning/overclocking, but I dare not touch those with the limitations of HPs supporting motherboard, power-supply and cpu cooler. Don't want to be starting any fires now, or turning my functioning system into a brick.

I still have no way to change the UMA Memory Frame Buffer (aka 'Dedicated' Video Memory aka VRAM). Seems to be hardset at 512MB by our much loved HP product designers, with 'shared' access to up to 16GB of system Memory.

Unfortunately according to AMD online documentation about UMA states that the Frame Buffer can only be set by the BIOS.  Not sure why that had to be the case since with Ryzen Master you can tweak settings that are far more invasive to the system than this.  No thanks to HP for NOT allowing us to set the Frame Buffer in their 2 cent BIOS...

Now this is where my problem sits.... I am testing this system on arguably the most intense system resource demanding game in development (Star Citizen).  Minimum specifications include a Quad core CPU, 16 GB RAM, a GPU with at least 4GB VRAM, and an SSD.  Any player will tell you that these are the bare minimum, or even too low to function. Preferable setup is OctaCore CPU,  32 GB Memory, a RX580 or better GPU, and the highest performance nvme you can lay your hands on.  Even then expect times where the FPS drops lower than 30.

So the issue is that even though I can play the game on a Ryzen 4600G with 32 GB of memory (and am enjoying it, all be it on low graphics settings), there are places where I am missing whole sets of of static sprites in the game.  I am convinced that the issue is caused by the game not finding enough VRAM and so not loading the sprites.  This same problem is mentioned, in the fore mentioned article about UMA, as a possible symptom of having too low a Memory Frame Buffer.

So I'm still looking for a hack around this limitation that HP has placed on this very capable AMD APU.

0 Likes