cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pocketmoon
Adept I

Ryzen Master 1.5.1 won't install. "A newer version of this application is already installed"

Hi All,

Trying to install latest Ryzen Master software and I get the error "A newer version of this application is already installed".

Tried uninstalling previous version via 'Add Remove' Software. Uninstall worked fine but error still occurs.

I *think* I've narrowed it down to a problem when the installer runs 'setup.exe' from the QT dependencies subdirectory that gets created during the install process.

Anyone else get this and able to resolve ?

Cheers,

Rob

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
elstaci
MVP

Re: Ryzen Master 1.5.1 won't install. "A newer version of this application is already installed"

Try running Microsoft Install/Uninstall Troubleshooter and see if it deletes all Ryzen Master entries.

I attached the small program to this post. just click on it and download it and run it.

Then try installing Ryzen Master again. If Ryzen Master has a "CLEAN INSTALL" click on that also before starting the installation.

pocketmoon
Adept I

Re: Ryzen Master 1.5.1 won't install. "A newer version of this application is already installed"

Hi,

No luck.  I think it's related to

C:\AMD\RyzenMasterExtract\MSIFiles\Qt_Dependancies\Setup.exe

That bit is failing.

[edit]   Older version (1.5.0.0728) installs fine.  So it looks like a probem in the way the new version installs Qt dependencies.

Rob

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is an issue which is under investigation, please use this thread to provide your feedback and check for status updates.

Ryzen Master does not start properly