cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

daimones
Journeyman III

ryzen 9 7900x IGPU issue.(Display driver amduw23g stopped responding and has successfully recovered)

Having this issue with the integrated GPU since i set up my new desktop.

Out of the blue, the screen instantly flashes, going black and green for tenths of a second, then black again and when it returns to normal some programs that running have shut down, other programs are hiding like the are in a different screen and the night light mode is off.

Event viewer gives the following error: "Display driver amduw23g stopped responding and has successfully recovered"

I saw some guys in the forum getting the same error message with their 7900xtx and I followed the instructions of a community manager for that problem which was to run the AMD Cleanup Utility and then download and install the driver package but it didn't solve the issue.

It's a huge issue since I am a professional poker player and every time that happens costs me money.

Any help?

0 Likes
5 Replies
ellensegan
Adept I

Having constant issues with this too on a 7950x, no graphics card in the system atm aside from the iGPU. The driver crashes in Photoshop or when watching 2k or 4k video on youtube. So frustrating.

0 Likes
daimones
Journeyman III

Any help?

If I just buy a non amd gpu the problem should be solved right?

Thanks

Assuming so, yeah. I’m planning on getting an Nvidia gpu to bypass this issue, since AMD don’t seem like they’ll be releasing a fix anytime soon. 

0 Likes
Slimboy77
Journeyman III

I get the exact same issue with my 7800x3d I've just put together,no graphics card as yet. I'm starting to think I should have gone with intel chip 🤦🏻‍

0 Likes
pedroH
Journeyman III

solved the problem? I have the same problem

0 Likes