cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Tennyoku
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 8700G's IGPU cannot working with Radeon VII dedicated GPU

I'm trying to use both Radeon 780M IGPU and  Radeon VII dedicated GPU in my PC, but the Windows 11 system freezed after installing both GPU's driver. I have tried using DDU to uninstall and reinstall the driver but it still doesn't work. Now I can only manually disable the IGPU in BIOS setting to get the computer back to normal.

Spec:

CPU : Ryzen 7 8700G

MB: Gigabyte B650I AORUS ULTRA

GPU: Radeon VII

System: Windows 11

Driver: 24.3.1

0 Likes
1 Solution
uncyler825
Adept III

AMD has split the RDNA and Polaris\Vega drivers. System cannot load different driver versions on two GPU devices. If you want to use Radeon VII and get it working. You need to install the RDNA branch driver and disable the 780M GPU.

AMD Ryzen™ 7 PRO 8700G Drivers > AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.3.1 Release Notes | AMD (RDNA)

AMD Radeon™ VII Drivers > AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.3.1 Release Notes | AMD (POLARIS-VEGA)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
uncyler825
Adept III

AMD has split the RDNA and Polaris\Vega drivers. System cannot load different driver versions on two GPU devices. If you want to use Radeon VII and get it working. You need to install the RDNA branch driver and disable the 780M GPU.

AMD Ryzen™ 7 PRO 8700G Drivers > AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.3.1 Release Notes | AMD (RDNA)

AMD Radeon™ VII Drivers > AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.3.1 Release Notes | AMD (POLARIS-VEGA)

0 Likes