Ryzen 7 5700G - Version of AMD Software Is Not Compatible with current driver

So new build...

- AMD Ryzen 7 5700G

- Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite Wifi motherboard

- RX 560 video card

- 850W power supply

- 32GB RAM

- 2TB of SSD

Install the Radeon Software but device manager shows the Yellow Triangle of not working.  Connected monitor is also not working.  If I check the Device Manager reasoning under Events it says:

\VEN_1002&DEV_1638&SUBSYS_D0001458&REV_C8\4&12c9051d&0&0041 requires further installation.

If I do a windows update, it still doesn't work that the no image on the monitor; however, the driver update screws up the Radeon Software and I get then following:

after_windows_updates_driver.png

Help!

Right now the CPU graphic card functionality is broken. 

---

Michael

0 Likes
1 Solution

OK!

Before creating a ticket I thought I would check out the motherboard BIOS to see if there is something newer since I am updating everything and "sure enough" there was a newer BIOS version.

I installed revision F36e; however, at firmware F35 it explicitly states fixes for the 5000 series G processors.

lastest firmware.png

NOW!  After the BIOS upgrade the processor graphics card did not appear in Device Manager BUT no yellow triangles.

I then "forced" the integrated graphic card in BOIS and BINGO!  It is working!    Device Manager shows no yellow triangles and both graphics cards (processor and RX560) are working.

Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

upload 2 images using GPU-Z. One for the 5700G and one for the RX560 GPU card. That might indicate if the AMD driver was correctly installed.

You didn't mention which version of Windows you currently have installed.

The latest AMD Driver is compatible with both the IGPU and DGPU. So there shouldn't be any errors or yellow flags in Device Manager unless the driver got corrupted while being installed.

Use DDU with the internet disconnected and deleting AMD Driver installation folder at C:\AMD. Download the full AMD driver package and run the installation and see if it is successful or not.

0 Likes

Windows 10 Home; 20H2 version.

Some pictures...

RX560 GPU-Z.pngRyzen 7 5700G GPU-Z.pngdevice_manager.pngdevice_manager_properties.png

0 Likes

Thanks for the GPU-Z images.

The AMD Driver is installed correctly on the RX560 but not on the APU IGPU.

Try updating your Windows Home to the latest version. You have October 2020 version. The latest version is November 2021.

Windows must be fully updated via Windows Update including upgrading the Windows versions.

What is the Make & Model of your Motherboard and BIOS version you have installed?

Also try installing a PREVIOUS AMD Driver to rule out issues with the latest version from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-7-5000-g-series-d...

0 Likes

What does "Use DDU" mean? (or) what does DDU standfor?  I believe I understand everything after this.

0 Likes

DDU is Display Driver Uninstaller. It is recommended by both AMD and Nvidia forums to remove all traces of the AMD Graphics driver from your computer.

You can download it from here: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3793

0 Likes

Okay I remember something else.

When you install a separate GPU Card in a Motherboard with a APU using IGPU than BIOS automatically makes your RX560 GPU card its main Display device and not the APU 5700g GPU.

I bet if your removed the RX560 than the 5700g GPU will start working again normally. You would need to connect your monitor to the proper Motherboard Video output to get video on your monitor.

But still I believe that both should be enabled even though the RX560 is considered to be the Main Display adapter for your PC.

0 Likes

OK.

Doing the DDU sentance after this post.

Did the Windows 10 Home update to 21H2.

Did a Radeon software "upgrade" to 21.11.3 from 21.10.2.

Both of these changes did not fix my situation.

The motherboard information is as follows:

- X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI

- Bios Version: F32

- Bios Date: 1/18/21

- Bios ID: 8AMTS010

0 Likes

As a temporarily troubleshooting suggestion, What happens if you remove the RX560 and boot up with your Integrated Graphics?

Connect your monitor to the motherboard's applicable video output and see if you get video or it shows the Integrated Graphics is working normally now.

With the RX560 removed see if you can install the AMD driver again using DDU procedure. See if in Device Manager the error went away or not.

If you still have the Device Error for your IGPU,  then I suggest you install the RX560 again and make sure that is working normally and open a AMD Support ticket -Warranty and see if they believe your APU needs to be RMAed and checked or if they have other suggestions from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

Screenshot 2021-12-02 065951.png

0 Likes

OK.  I see your post.  Will do that next...

I did the DDU sentence and it is still not working.

I did open the Event viewer and it is reporting two errors:

Error 1:

Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_1638&SUBSYS_D0001458&REV_C8\4&12c9051d&0&0041 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: display.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: BasicDisplay
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0x1F
Problem Status: 0xC01E0438

Error2 (Happened after Error1):

Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_1638&SUBSYS_D0001458&REV_C8\4&12c9051d&0&0041 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem3.inf
Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: amdwddmg
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0x1F
Problem Status: 0xC01E0438

OK!

Before creating a ticket I thought I would check out the motherboard BIOS to see if there is something newer since I am updating everything and "sure enough" there was a newer BIOS version.

I installed revision F36e; however, at firmware F35 it explicitly states fixes for the 5000 series G processors.

lastest firmware.png

NOW!  After the BIOS upgrade the processor graphics card did not appear in Device Manager BUT no yellow triangles.

I then "forced" the integrated graphic card in BOIS and BINGO!  It is working!    Device Manager shows no yellow triangles and both graphics cards (processor and RX560) are working.

Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!

Good Troubleshooting.

I forgot to mention to update the BIOS, basically it slipped my mind. That is normally one of the first steps I ask a User to do.

I was beginning to believe your APU Processor was defective.

Yes, BIOS updates does make a difference when it comes to hardware compatibility issues on the Motherboard.

Anyways, Glad you got your Integrated Graphics working again and selected your answer as Solution so others will know what you did to fix your issue.

Happy Holidays or Christmas!

0 Likes