Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

vreis
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 5700G Black Screen after updating to latest Adrenalin Edition

Setting up a new PC with the following:

Motherboard: MSI PRO B550-VC w/ latest BIOS 7C56vI2

RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX  DDR 3200MHZ ( 2 x 16 ) 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700G 

Installed Windows 10 ( 1909 ), latest ADM Chipset package (5.02.19.2221 ) and everything works great.

This is were it gets BAD.....

If I install the latest Adrenalin Edition (23.3.2) the screen flickers once while installation and it goes black and stays black even after I do a reboot.

So, I tried to re-install Windows 10, did all the Windows updates until it comes across Micro Advance Devices graphics update, screen goes black and stays black.

I know it's not the memory because I replaced twice, I also tried using 1 stick of memory, tried setting RAM in BIOS to 3200Mhz. 

NOTHING FIXES IT!

Is the latest drivers compatible with the Ryzen 7 5700G integrated  graphics processor ?

Am I missing something ? 

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Solution
vreis
Journeyman III

Problem solved.....switch to a 2.1 HDMI ( 8K ) cable and it worked. Hope this will help anyone else with this type of issue.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vreis
Journeyman III

Problem solved.....switch to a 2.1 HDMI ( 8K ) cable and it worked. Hope this will help anyone else with this type of issue.

Jameswalter
Adept I

Windows 10/Windows 11 AMD driver timeout black screen may be related to an outdated, missing, corrupt, or incompatible graphics driver. Updating or reinstalling it can be a good solution.

0 Likes