cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

A_LiveHumanBeing
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5600g and MSI b550 bazooka compatibility

I am planning on purchasing a Ryzen 5600g for my first pc build as I wait for a better deal on graphics card but PC part picker says: "Warning! Some AMD B550 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Cezanne CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions." to me pairing it with my motherboard of choice a msi b550 bazooka, does anyone know if this is a real problem and I should get a different CPU?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Oh my god thank you so much

View solution in original post

2 Replies

MSI Bazooka does support the Ryzen 5 5600g processor starting with BIOS Version 7C95vA7.zip (06/29/2021): https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MAG-B550M-BAZOOKA#support-main-block-qvl

Screenshot 2021-11-09 105732.png

If your MSI Bazooka Motherboard was manufactured after 07/2021 then the 5600g should work out of the box.

BUT I just looked at the Motherboard's Specs and that Motherboard has the BIOS FLASHBACK feature which means you don't need to have a CPU installed to upgrade the BIOS version to the correct version. All you need is a Flash Drive with the correct BIOS burned into it. Then you connect the Flash drive to the special BIOS USB Port and hit the BIOS FLASHBACK button with just power on. It will automatically update your BIOS without a CPU installed.

Here are the BIOS FLASHBACK Instructions from your MSI Motherboard Manual:

If you purchase that AMD Processor don't forget to purchase the correct RAM MEMORY from the Motherboard's  QVL LIST for RAM MEMORY for the 5000 Series APU Processors:

0 Likes

Oh my god thank you so much