CPU: Ryzen 5 5600G
CPU cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO
MB: Asus TUF B550-plus
RAM: PATRIOT Viper 4 Blackout Series 16GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 (in dual-channel)
PSU: Seasonic Focus 650 Gold Semi-modular
Case: GameMax Revolt
HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2 TB
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB
OS: Win 10 Pro x64 - Version 21H1, OS build 19043.1237
btw I am using HDMI connector..
Whenever I try to install iGPU driver from AMD's site for my CPU, computers randomly reboots till Windows Recovery shows up.
After installation computers just reboots and then I have to remove that drive using safe mode or restore point.. Sometimes it shows up some white squares and then I have to restart my computer manually - front panel reset button.
what I know/have done so far:
temperatures are good imo = 30 °C, in stress test = 68°C
disabled XMP profile and all BIOS settings are set as a default
no RAM errors found by MemTest86
BIOS version - 2423 (updated because there was an orange light on the motherboard before first computer start right after build - DRAM's LED)
OS is up-to-date and all updates are installed
tried previous drivers for my CPU - none of them worked
nothing useful in event viewer (just unexpected shutdown..)
Thanks for your help..
Did you find the problem.Cause i have thw smae and a technical said to me that mb is faulty but also my rams was faulty i replaced rams but the same mb still doing it.What was your problem?
People should really be more specific with their questions. What does your question tell any outsider, what your situation is?
1) How did techsupport test your machine so they know it's motherboard, or did they just assume so through telephone?
2) Don't you believe them or why did you change DIMMs?
3) How do you know there was a problem with previous DIMMs?
4) Is this a new thing or something that just began?
5) Is the computer new, old, bought as used?
6) What are you specs (precisely, be exact)
7) What do you do with machine when symptoms appear?