cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Radon_219
Adept I

ryzen 5 2400g constant problems of instability (constant crashes and BSOD)

My system is :

ryzen 5 2400g 

asus prime b450-aii

hyperX fury 8gb 3200Mhz ddr4 x2

21H1 windows version 

Adrenalin 21.6.1 processor drivers

3.08.17.735 chipset drivers

3205 bios version 

things that i did:

im using d.o.c.p for the ram

memteste86

i reinstall win10, update chipset drivers, update processors drivers and then win10 updates

there is some way to fix the problems or i just  bought trash?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Did you build this PC yourself or did you purchase the entire PC already built for you?

Also did you have these issues all the time or it just started up recently. If it just started recently and your PC was working fine before than it isn't your RAM the problem it is something else.

See if your RAM is listed at HyperX Website as being compatible with your Ryzen and Motherboard first.

Just for troubleshooting purposes remove one of the RAM sticks and just leave in one 8 GB RAM Stick and see if the PC is more stable or not.

If it is more stable then the problem probably is due to the RAM not being fully compatible with Processor and Motherboard.

Also check the gaming sites to make sure your PC passes with the minimum requirements needed to run the games you have installed.

By the way, MEMTEST86 is excellent to check for defective RAM sticks but it doesn't check to see if the RAM is compatible or not with your system.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies

How much RAM Memory do you have reserved for the 2400g Integrated Graphics?

If it is the maximum of 2 GB set in BIOS then that leaves you with 6 GB of RAM Memory for Windows and playing games.

Also is your Ram listed under Asus Prime QVL List for 2000 Series processors?

It is possible that when you play the latest games it requires more than 8 GB of RAM for the game to run correctly.

Go to these gaming websites and see if your PC has the minimum requirements to play the games you have installed:

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

https://www.pcgamebenchmark.com/

https://www.game-debate.com/can-I-run/?EA

0 Likes

I have 2 of that ram cards. I forgot to put it 

0 Likes

You have a total of 16 GB of RAM MEMORY Then?

If so then that is plenty of RAM MEMORY for gaming.

Now you need to see if your RAM is listed under Asus Motherboard's QVL List for 2000 Series Ryzen Processors or not or it is listed for your Motherboard from your RAM manufacturer's website if it isn't listed in the QVL list.

EDIT: By the way what are the BSOD errors that are showing?

0 Likes

The ram is not in the list.

The stop code that i for sure saw is MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, but i saw others too that i dont remember.

I have to replace the ram. right?

0 Likes

Did you build this PC yourself or did you purchase the entire PC already built for you?

Also did you have these issues all the time or it just started up recently. If it just started recently and your PC was working fine before than it isn't your RAM the problem it is something else.

See if your RAM is listed at HyperX Website as being compatible with your Ryzen and Motherboard first.

Just for troubleshooting purposes remove one of the RAM sticks and just leave in one 8 GB RAM Stick and see if the PC is more stable or not.

If it is more stable then the problem probably is due to the RAM not being fully compatible with Processor and Motherboard.

Also check the gaming sites to make sure your PC passes with the minimum requirements needed to run the games you have installed.

By the way, MEMTEST86 is excellent to check for defective RAM sticks but it doesn't check to see if the RAM is compatible or not with your system.

0 Likes

I built the pc by my self, the problems started since i built it. Im going to try with one ram stick if it is more stable im going to replace the ram with one that is in the qvl list.

Is that ok?

Double check the RAM DIMMs are in the right slots, sometimes putting them in the wrong banks, which can happen if you have 4 DIMM slots on your motherboard, can give you issues, especially if you enable DOCP. Disable DOCP if that is enabled as well and check you’ve got them in the right place and test to see if it crashes. All good? Now enable DOCP and test agaib

0 Likes

When i was using only one stick of ram y didnt get any BSOD or game crash, so i bought ram sticks thar are in the qvl list. Now that im using that ram im having issues again. 

I get one black screen with the sound of a BSOD and then restar and a CRITICAL_PROCCES_DIED BSOD.

0 Likes