Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

g1g1
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3400G black screen driver problem

Hi all,
I am experiencing the above mentioned problem with the AMD video driver for the VEGA 11 on my 3400g cpu.
As long as i use the windows default driver everything works fine. When I install ANY driver from AMD, my screen starts going black. The computer will still work, but the screen goes black for 5-10 sec and then come back for 1 sec- 1 minute and then go black again. Sometimes it doesnt come back and i have to reset via the reset button. The PC however is still working fine, as my music etc. keeps on playing.
I also noticed that when the AMD driver is installed, the problem only happens through HDMI.
When I use Displayport everything works fine.
I will test the pc on another monitor tomorrow to let you know if the problem is related to my screen.
Are there maybe any workarounds that I am unaware of?
Thanks in advance for your help!
PS: Freesync is turned off

Driver versions used
AllIn1(v19.10.16_19H1_WHQL)
win10-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-edition-20.9.2-sep29

System specs
CPU: Ryzen 3400G
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac
Memory: 8GB Crucial DDR4 (CT8G4DFD8213)
PSU: Tagan 700 watt PSU
Monitor: Dell u4919dw 49 inch curved screen with resolution 5120x1440
0 Likes
4 Replies
g1g1
Journeyman III

Ok, it seems I was able to solve the problem myself. I will do an update so that it can help anyone with the same problem:
In the AMD graphics options there is an option to select a custom resolution. If you select this, make a resolution that works for you and select the CVT - Reduce Blanking option, this will greatly reduce the flickering. However this didn't solve it entirely for me, as the problem persisted when stressing the CPU. what solved this last part is lowering the Vcore. My mobo supplied quite high voltages by default, sometimes going up as much as 1.4v. This not only is bad for the lifetime of your CPU, but seems to affect the GPU under stress situations as well.
Anyway, I put my vcore at 1.25v and after that even under the heaviest stress tests the screen doesnt flicker anymore. If the situation changes I will provide an update. However I hope it wont;)
I wish the peeps out there with the same black screen issues good luck and hope that AMD will fix this in the future. Especially the high vcore seems problematic.
Cheers!

0 Likes

hi 
even i was facing the same problem when i have installed the latest version of adrenalin 
but
yesterday when i have wipes my boot drive and then i have freshly installed windows 10 
after that i have no problems please just dont install the adrenalin software 

hope it may helps you
thank you

0 Likes
sshashank88
Newcomer

hi 
even i was facing the same problem when i have installed the latest version of adrenalin 
but
yesterday when i have wipes my boot drive and then i have freshly installed windows 10 
after that i have no problems please just dont install the adrenalin software 

hope it may helps you
thank you 

0 Likes

I had a similar issue. After updating my adrenalin software from version 21.3.1 to 21.4.1 my screen would go black after 1 to 3 minutes after loading windows. My system was still running fine but had no visible screen and the monitor looses communication with the mother board. I changed HDMI cables, tried 2nd HDMI port and DVI port on my LG monitor. I checked the bios and disabled XMP but none of that worked. After a time the VGA LED on my MSI Tomahawk X570 mother board turned on. Holding the tower button down while cycling the PSU power button on and off resolved the mother board error but the monitor would still go black. Fortunately I created a restore point prior to updating the Adrenalin software and once I reverted back everything returned to normal. I won't be updating to the current Adrenalin update again and will wait for an update further down the road that addresses this issue version 21.4.1 has. I hope this helps someone as I lost a couple of hours of productivity trying to figure it out.

0 Likes