Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sunset08
Adept I

Ryzen 2500U + Radeon 540 - Instant freezing

Hello,

I'm having trouble running the game with an external video card. FPS is high, but I have a problem with it. I have the same issue in CS: GO and other games. In my internal video card Vega 8, I see very little of this difficulty. I can't get the performance I want in games. Instant masses appear in games. The performance of my external video card and internal video card is the same. Will this problem be solved by updating? The MX150 graphics card is more successful. They're good with that. Doesn't the Radeon 540 graphics card have to grow with the MX150? Although I get a very good FPS, I can't play games comfortably. 

Games I play;

CS:GO, Fornite, The Long Dark, GTA 5, Zombie Army Trilogy, Left 4 Dead 2, The Forest ...ETC...

Thank you.

0 Likes
22 Replies

Sorry you're having issues. You say you are have a problem, then did not explain what that problem is. When posting you need to provide full hardware details as well as fully explaining the issue as well as any trouble shooting you have already done please. Desktop or laptop is this PCIE external graphics or Thunderbolt? You have 3 GPU's in this setup?

Windows 10 1809? Is it fully up to date? Give us some more details and we will see if we can help.

When posting a new question, please provide as much detail as possible describing your issue making sure to include the relevant hardware and software configuration. 
For example:

• Issue Description: [Describe your issue in detail here]
  • Hardware: [Describe the make and model of your: Graphics Card, CPU, Motherboard, RAM, PSU, Display(s), etc.]
  • Software: [Describe version or release date of your: Operating System, Game/Application, Drivers, etc.]
0 Likes
sunset08
Adept I

I told you the games I played. I open the games with the Radeon 540 graphics card. I have a freezing problem in games. I'm getting a high FPS, but I have a freezing problem. I told you I had a sudden freezing problem. I told her I had no problem playing games with Vega 8. All in all, I'm having trouble with Radeon 540. I get a high FPS but I have a sudden freezing. I just bought the computer. No heating problem. How can I solve the freezing problem when playing games? The FPS value is constant during freezing.

1. Windows 10 1809 and completely up to date.

2. I use a laptop.

3. Lenovo IdeaPad IP330 AMD Ryzen 5 2500U 8GB 1TB Radeon 540 - 81D20069TX

Features of the device I use;

CPU: 2500U - Vega 8

GPU: Radeon 540

HDD: 1TB

RAM: 2x4 Dual

Screen: 1366x768p HD Led

BIOS: 7VCN46WW

Driver: 19.4.1 AMD 

0 Likes

Can you please explain what you mean by freezing. Is the game locking up? etc. What is happening?  Also how is thes 540 connected to this laptop. Is it built in or external and how externally connected if so? Also there are many versions of the IP330 model there should be more digits after that. Look for a sticker that might have the additional model number.   Are you using a driver from Lenovo or did you load one from AMD?

sunset08
Adept I

I bought my computer a week ago. It's not just a game, I'm having the same problem in other games I play. When I play with the Radeon 540 video card, I'm having trouble with the games. For example, I am experiencing the freezing event in CS: GO. As the game progresses, it freezes. There are deadlocks in the game. Radeon is not performing in 540 games. The game does not play smoothly. My FPS values are between 50 and 90. I can't get a seamless gaming experience. It freezes as it runs. But in this case, my FPS values don't fall. I don't have AMD Relive. With which program do you want to record video? Hybrid technology on my video card. I'm trying to write with Google translation. I can not speak English. My mother language is Turkish. The MX150 graphics card requires close performance. 

I downloaded it on the AMD website.

540.png

Device Manager view

grv.png

Lenovo sticker

Lenovo.png

Ryzen 5 2500U Radeon 540 vs Core i5 8250U GeForce MX150 тесты в играх gaming benchmarks - YouTube 

0 Likes

Forgive my i think what you are calling freezing is being lost in translation. Freezing to me means it is ether completely hanging the machine. It sounds more like you are getting stuttering or choppy playback. Meaning that the game isn't fluid feeling.

Have you ever run any driver that was fine or has it always been like this? Then you changed drivers and it is now worse?

If it has always been like this try reducing your settings in game to low and see if that helps.

If that alone does not help reduce your screen resolution and see if that helps.

If I am still not interpreting what you mean correctly, sorry about that, just let me know and we can go from there.

Make sure you are also configuring your switchable graphics to use the 540. See this guide:

Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System | AMD 

0 Likes
sunset08
Adept I

Thank you for your valuable comment. I tried reducing the settings. FPS values did not change the same. I bet I played Radeon 540. I'm looking at the MSI Afterburner program. Use of my separate graphics card is visible. I'm not talking about a dead end. I have problems with occasional freezing. My eyes are getting tired while I play. For example, I'm having black screen issues on video pages when using Chrome. I thought there was a problem with the device. I made a change to the new device, but my problem is the same. To enter the computer of the players in Turkey really hard. My money was enough for this computer. The old AMD computer had no such problem. I've been using AMD for 7 years. This is the second time I've used AMD. I have the same performance as Vega 8. Radeon 540 is a powerful card but I can't see the difference. The BIOS settings are in their default settings. My device is up to date. I don't think RAM's inadequate. My old computer doesn't have this problem either. Why is AMD behind the NVIDIA graphics card? INTEL and NVIDIA are in very good condition. The problem in this duo is low. I removed the video card drivers with DDU and reinstalled the existing video card driver. No SSD on the device. I'm also having black screen issues. Especially when he watches video, he stays on the black screen. Will there be regulation for the duo? Will it be solved by updating? There's no solution I haven't tried. In short, drop may say. I'm having the same problems when browsing the browser, not just games. 

0 Likes

Sounds like you have done the normal things to do to rule out a corrupt installation. I do see a lot of complaints about these setups on laptops. I don't know if the issues lie with AMD completely or if there is an issues with how the OEMS, HP, Dell, Lenov etc. execute what they do. Honestly I think a lot of it is the latter. Many of these AMD systems are the budget systems and the OEM's cut corners at every step they can. I am not saying that is what your issue is I just know that many do this. Then they make custom setups that stray too much from reference designs and the drivers don't work right with them.

The best I can offer is talk to the maker of your computer and ask AMD for help here:  Online Service Request | AMD 

Afterburner should be deleted.

0 Likes

Afterburner program removed.

0 Likes

Did you delete it from the laptop or disable it? After deleting it...do a clean install of the latest driver from AMD AMD Ryzen™ 5 2500U Drivers & Support | AMD  This is the only driver you install.

Disconnect from the internet...meaning pull the ethernet cable or disabling the wireless function....while you are uninstalling/DDU (in safe mode) /Reboot/install new drivers/reboot. Now you can reconnect the internet.

https://community.amd.com/thread/180667 

0 Likes

I mentioned above that I did this. I uninstalled the drivers with DDU, reinstalled the video card drivers. In doing so, I closed the internet connection. Lenovo didn't give me a solution. He's sending you the problem. 

0 Likes

Maybe you are expecting too much. Try lowering you settings/expectations.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-RX-540-GPU-Benchmarks-and-Specs.214540.0.html 

0 Likes

As good as FPS. I don't have a FPS problem. I get the average performance I want. Old Computer Graphics Card HD6610m. The old graphics card does not have this problem. My problem is not freezing immediately. I don't have a problem with Zombie Army Trilogy. I have 25-25 FPS in the high setting and I have no problem. There's a problem with the Radeon 540 card. I have no problem freezing on the Vega 8 graphics card. My problem is with the Radeon 540 graphics card.

0 Likes

Maybe overheating. Run Hardware Monitor while playing...check the MAX temps.

0 Likes

Also must be on the latest Win10 version.

0 Likes

I am using the latest version of Windows 10. 

0 Likes

The temperature is normal. I played some time. The CPU temperature is 70 degrees. GPU temperature is 63 degrees.

0 Likes

I made all the settings. The BIOS settings have been reset. I installed all available drivers. I've updated the chipsets from the AMD site. I asked for help from AMD. I sent a message to the manufacturer(Lenovo). When I opened the topic, no one helped the Lenovo forum.

0 Likes
hallcrash
Journeyman III

I had this problem, to remedy it I uninstalled Adrenaline and just installed the driver by itself.

I think the way Adrenalin and Passmark monitor performance is conflicting.

0 Likes
sunset08
Adept I

My GPU core clock does not exceed 575 MHz. I don't have a warming problem, but when I use 100% GPU in games, my core clock speed decreases. It runs at low speed as understood in the FurMark test. My RX Vega graphics card can go up to 1200MHz, but Radeon 540 does not exceed 575MHz. If I lower the setting in games, Radeon 540 will use up to 1046MHz.

furmarkamd.jpg

0 Likes
djoxon
Journeyman III

Download Ryzen controller to change tdp and max temperature. I can't upgrade bios so mine tdp is probably on 15 instead of 20 or 25. Games work about 30% better with this. For best settings look online and test it yourelf. And windows 10 has a lot of processes that use a lot of resourses so see about that too.

0 Likes