Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rudegar
Journeyman III

Ryzen 2400g b450 dual monitor

got a msi b450 mobo 

but if I update passed radeon 18.9.3 it stop detecting my dell 24" monitor connected by displayport to dvi cable to the well displayport connector

it see my 27" asus connected by hdmi as my only monitor both in windows and radeon settings.

when I kick myself for letting it update and rolling back to 18.9.3 all is well with my 2 monitors but all attemts to update has ended in a rollback 

anybody had the same experience or maybe even a "well just enable and then disable overscan mombojumbo twice and reboot and it sorts it out!" type of workaround ?

#Ryzen

#dual monitor

#driver

0 Likes
1 Reply

Usually when updating to the newer annual driver from previous annual version, it is suggested/recommended to clean install to the newer.

Download/save the newer full driver pkg direct from the amd driver page (not from the current installed app.).

Disconnect/unplug router/IP device to ensure MS doesn't override the update.

Disconnect the dell monitor from pc.

Start the driver install from the driver pkg, then choose custom > clean install.

After the final restart you can reconnect router/ip device.

Get your asus monitor set up again, then connect the dell and set it up.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..