cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cadunka-chug
Adept I

Ryzen 2200G Battlefield 1 18.5.2 - Error Message No Drivers Installed

sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but im running out of options at this point. so i just bought BF1 and i let it install all 60-ish GBs and its now giving me a error that says i have driver version 0.0.0 installed and that it only works with 16.x.x or higher, i have the latest 18.5.2 installed so im really quite lost. iv uninstalled both game and drivers and tried the old trick from the open beta of going in a renaming the driver version but it dose not do a damn thing. iv contacted EA and they tried their best but that didn't end up getting me any where. im hoping someone will have the brains to help me out! i have a almost brand new system with all updated drivers and bios. I know enough to get a computer working and get past any normal issues say a bios flash and basic trouble shooting but nothing like this.

Windows 10 pro

radeon RX 580, with latest amd drivers.

AMD ryzen 3 2200 g OC,

MSI tomahawk B350,

8 gb ram (Corsair vengeance)

One 4 tb hard drive and one 500gb drive

A 42" Samsung smart tv, HDMI in and out.

750 watt power supply

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

0 Likes
26 Replies
pokester
MVP

Re: battlefield 1 says i dont have ANY drivers installed and wont even try to launch. but i have as of this post 18.5.2 an it says i need 16.x.x or grater. it says i have 0.0.0 driver version....please help!

I would reinstall the driver. When you do, use custom install not express and choose clean install. This will likely remedy the situation. I have the same card and am running the 18.5.2 driver and play BF1 most the time. The driver is working very well, even in DX12 now. Give it a go and if reply back if that does not or does take care of it.

Good Luck & Happy Gaming!

0 Likes
cadunka-chug
Adept I

Re: battlefield 1 says i dont have ANY drivers installed and wont even try to launch. but i have as of this post 18.5.2 an it says i need 16.x.x or grater. it says i have 0.0.0 driver version....please help!

So that didn't work, i went and uninstalled everything that had to do with drivers and my card. Did a clean install and still getting the same error " detected AMD Radeon driver version 0.0.0. the required driver version is 16.25.1025 or later please update your drivers at amd...." Its for some reason not goimg a finding the drivers it wants but i have no idea how to make it see the drivers? Any other ideas? Is there maybe a way to program a work around? Like a way to bypass the programs need to look for what its not finding or a false driver name so it sees what it wants?

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

That is odd. Not sure what to tell you other than time to ask AMD for help. Hopefully they will know what to tell you. You can open a support ticket at this link: Email Form

0 Likes
Ray_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

You have an AMD Ryzen 3 2200G (Raven Ridge) processor with an integrated Vega GPU.

You need to do a clean install of the Adrenalin 18.5.1 driver which is supported on your configuration.

pokester
MVP

In other words what he is saying is that because you went with a chip with integrated graphics. You will always be limited to the latest driver the CPU uses not your video card, unless they match. AMD picks up the Video card driver from that APU driver. Not sure why they still have not found a way you can load 2 different drivers. You could easily pair that GPU with an Nvidia card and load both drivers. We have see a lot of complaints of this on these forums on past APU's. It becomes a real issue when one or the other becomes legacy and the other is still supported. For that reason I never bought AMD APU's ever, and still won't knowing this now. Did not realize that was still a thing with the new Ryzen's. Thanks for the information Ray.

kingfish
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

When did this change? My understanding is on desktop computers, you choose the discrete card as 'primary' in the bios...just as you would if you had a Intel processor. The desktop computers do not have switchable graphics like a laptop computer....which only use one driver. But maybe Ryzen is different.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

I'm no expert on any of this. I have never had an AMD APU out of a desktop. From what I have read here in the past is that you can only load the one driver. And that driver works for both APU and GPU. Which seems to be what Ray said to me. If not he didn't correct me where I was incorrect. I have also seen many posts where people did find ways to get legacy drivers to load in conjunction with the newer APU drivers. Can't say as I have ever seen where you could load say load the current .1 driver for the GPU and the .2 driver for the GPU, this would be optimal but from what Ray says you can't. Again, I am no expert on this by any means. I do IT for a living by 95% of all our machines are Intel with integrated graphics. My add-on card usage is limited to personal and building gaming rigs for a local system builder who is also my best friend. I think it is a shame when the bios doesn't allow you to disable onboard graphics and render these issues moot. I don't know if this is because recently the graphics are in the cpu itself verses chipsets of the past?

0 Likes
kingfish
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Desktop graphics do not use one driver for both...laptops do.

Laptop graphics update...How to

"Laptops have different requirements/procedures than desktop computers when updating graphics drivers. It all depends on the processors....either Intel or AMD. "

"For laptops with AMD processors/APU's:

You do not update the discrete graphics card...you update the APU. This updated driver serves both the integrated and discrete graphics. It is the only driver you install. It is important to know the integrated graphics on some APU's..."

cadunka-chug
Adept I

So i need to ALSO update the APUs driver, and make sure that they are the same driver version. should the amd auto detect work to update the APU or is there a separate file to download aside from the GPU driver file? Ill take a look at the APU and see what version It's at when i get home from class tonight.

Thanks for the info

Ill post if it works or not!  Thanks ray_m+pokester

This might be a dumb question, but i dont need to do a bios update because the APU and CPU are one unit do i? I should have the latest bios,  but i just wany to cover all my bases.

0 Likes