cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

RX7900xt bad performance in VR

Flatscreen gaming is fine and is working as expected. Steamvr home mixed reality portal etc are working fine with 0.5ms ish frametimes. but as soon as you enter a VR game.... Gpu is always utilised at 100%. it gets a lot worse when u move the headset (basically alll lines will be above this grey line). when the headset is stationary the performance is better. (screenshot is on stationary headset.)Screenshot (13).png

This is happening in any VR title i have tested and this did not happen on my previous gpu. i hope this is just a driver issue that will hopefully be resolved soon?

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

This is a known issue under investigation. 

We have an exisiting thread discussing lower than expected perfomrance in VR.

You can follow this thread for future status updates and to provide your feedback.

https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/7900xtx-low-performance-in-steamvr-and-vr-in-general/td-p/5667...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
EmilG
Adept III

Same problem here with my 7900 XT. Horrible VR performance. My old 6800 ran it much better. It's definitely a driver issue at the moment because from all my testing, I know that this is an extremely powerful GPU. I've been waiting about 2 and a half weeks for them to release a new driver in hopes they fix the VR issue, because I haven't been able to touch it since. VR is literally all I play, so my PC is useless right now. 

They did acknowledge in the previous update, that they know VR performance is bad, so I'm hoping that means with the upcoming driver update, they will have fixed the VR issue.

my mind is slightly at ease that its a driver issue and not hardware related. i was worried i was gonna have to sell my card. i am kinda bummed about it tho. lets hope they release a driver soon. just out of curiosity what Headset do you use?

0 Likes
EmilG
Adept III

I use a vive cosmos elite. I play all the racing Sims and also h3vr like you!

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

This is a known issue under investigation. 

We have an exisiting thread discussing lower than expected perfomrance in VR.

You can follow this thread for future status updates and to provide your feedback.

https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/7900xtx-low-performance-in-steamvr-and-vr-in-general/td-p/5667...

0 Likes