Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Nando_aot
Adept I

RX590 crashing after Adrenalin-2020-21.11.3

Hi, 

I have been experiencing random crashes on both drivers after Adrenalin-2020-21.11.3, the crashes do not happen on Adrenalin-2020-21.11.3, it does crash more often when I am playing and press alt+r to bring the AMD overlay.

I am using two screens and I have reported several crash reports for this.

some  games where it crashed:

Valheim using vulkan

Breakpoint Using vulkan

Warzone.

1 Solution
Nando_aot
Adept I

After wasting time with AMD support I have found the reddit topic about mpo, even a NVIDIA post about it, i have disabled it and I am without crashes so far.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/yvyqc7/disabling_multiplane_overlay_mpo_fixed_all/

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
rmurphree
Journeyman III

when you reboot pc go to device manager and see if your driver is disabled. that is what mine is doing

0 Likes
Nando_aot
Adept I

Just did a rollback to 21.11.3 and no crashes...

ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

Valheim is a game I've had some annoying problems with on my RX 6900 XT.

I get screen flickering on ground and water surfaces and severe horizontal tearing.

None of the Sync options help either. 

The game is in early access and the one time I was able to get a live chat with one of their developers I was informed that they place optimization for Invidia based GPU's ahead of AMD GPU's.

I think the real issue is that the game is early access and has a lot of optimization before it's running smooth on all PC hardware. 

The problem started for me after an update they released about 3 months ago.

It actually took their support site a month to respond to my support ticket.

0 Likes
Nando_aot
Adept I

I am running two screens, the main on with Display port with freesync at 1080P and the second one on HDMI no freesync at 1080, the problem are not the games as with the rollback there is no crashes, the issue is something with the drivers, something that has been changed from 2020-21.11.3 to the two releases after...

0 Likes

It still crashing on version 22.2.2... seems that there is no support from AMD.

0 Likes

It still crashing on 22.3.1, opened a ticket with AMD but they started with a lot of excuses and have not fixed it.

0 Likes

after 6 months and several updates, the driver still crashing for me

0 Likes
Nando_aot
Adept I

Many driver laters and the issue still persist

0 Likes
Nando_aot
Adept I

After wasting time with AMD support I have found the reddit topic about mpo, even a NVIDIA post about it, i have disabled it and I am without crashes so far.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/yvyqc7/disabling_multiplane_overlay_mpo_fixed_all/

0 Likes