Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dave_
Newcomer

RX580 system lag

Hi all!

I just wanted to report/confirm the system lag issue with a multi-monitors setup.

The release notes state this:

Cursor or system lag may be observed on some system configurations when two or more displays are connected and one display is powered off

And this is exactly what happens on my system (with 1 exception) which i upgraded about 10 weeks ago. I updated the CPU-Mobo-Ram to AMD Ryzen 1700X, Asus PRIME-B350-PLUS, Corsair 16GB. I did not do a clean Windows 10 install but removed the old display drivers using a display driver removal tool and installed display driver version 18.6.1 and that's where this issue started. Later versions still have the same issue.

This lag occurs when i have the 1st display turned off, it also occurs when i turn the 5th monitor ON. That's a DVI monitor and unfortunately i can't use that now because of the system lag.

I hope this issue can be fixed and if needed i can provide more info. My graphics card is a Sapphire RX580 Nitro 8GB.

Regards,

David

0 Likes
1 Reply
dave_
Newcomer

Tried the 18.9.1 version of the driver and i gotta say it's as good as fixed on my end. Only when i turn the first monitor off there's a minor lag. I make this circular motion with my mouse and see it hop a little bit every 2 seconds or so. Either way it's a major improvement! Thank you!

Regards.

0 Likes