cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

josephkuli
Journeyman III

RX580: System is stuttering with monitor pluged into DP port

So I recently purchased a MSI Optix G24C The monitor set up was quick and easy, but I've run into a snag. After realizing I needed to plug in the DV cable in order to use freesync and not the HDMI cable. I've run into a severe input lag on my computer. I currently am running a  Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5 and with their Optional driver 18.10.2 installed, the lag input happens and I can't effectively perform any kind of task without the mouse not responding in stutter. The only way to have no input lag I have to turn off my MSI monitor and with doing so the lag disappears and I can function on my second monitor(plugged into HDMI port) with no lag.

Now I've downgraded to the recommended AMD driver build 18.5.1 and am able to operate on the MSI monitor with no lag input. Problem is if I start up on Assassins Creed Odyssey and do a benchmark I get severe under performance of my GPU since the 18.10.2 is recommended for the game to perform stability wise.

I've researched all day today for possible fixes and even thought of installing a driver that was released around when AC:O came out, but still got the stutter issue. Some people have pointed out on other places that the issue that is the cause of the stutter is the 18.XX.XX driver from AMD. I was curious if anyone who may of been experiencing this problem know of any work around's? I'm able to operate with the new monitor via HDMI cable, but then I get the tearing issue that convinced me to purchase a monitor compatible to use freesync to fix the tearing issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hardwood
Paragon

see: Mouse lag with AMD Radeon 18.8.1 and past few driver releases

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Hardwood
Paragon

see: Mouse lag with AMD Radeon 18.8.1 and past few driver releases

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB

Thank you Hardwood, that cleared up my issue.... saved me from having to return my monitor and GPU and paying more than I needed too. Stupid software.

0 Likes