Journeyman III

RX580 red pixel driver crashing

Hi before i state my problem i am going to list my specs:

Mobo:Tomahawk b450 Max

CPU: Ryzen 3 3100

GPU: Asus RX 580 oc dual

RAM: Crosshair 16gb 3200mhz

PSU: CV 550 80+ bronze

So, i just built this pc and downloaded all the drivers and started playing some games when i tab out of the game and try to open other stuff it crashes but not a black screen, red pixels are dotted across my monitor and it freezes for few seconds and the screen goes black after few seconds it comes back up often the game i was running would crash and i have to go to task manager to close it, and then a amd pop up saying driver timeout has occured. So i can't open other stuff while playing games.  Sometimes games like roblox crashes when i go into the game. I notices that when playing games my gpu usage spikes a lot and sometimes when i check the performance in radeon software it constantly stays at 100 but in task manager it has really low numbers. 

2 Replies
Broilerdude
Journeyman III

0 Likes
Broilerdude
Journeyman III

I just got my RX580 to and it does the same exact thing. I can watch videos and twitch perfectly fine but when it even comes to loading up a game it just has blue, red, grey pixel patterns that pop up, then the app closes or sometimes It just restarts my computer. Hopefully, someones who knows a thing or two can help out with this situation.