cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

unknownsoldierx
Journeyman III

RX580 new drivers malfunction

Got the notification today to update to 20.2.2. The Radeon software downloaded them, and soon after clicking 'install' my system crashed and rebooted.

After logon, I tried again and the installer said it failed. It did something though, because my Firefox theme got disabled and I got an error popup from Steam.

Steam.exe - Bad Image
---------------------------
C:\Windows\System32\detoured.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f.

I did a DISM and SFC to make sure Windows was OK, and both passed.

I then downloaded the Radeon driver installer from the website. The install succeeded, but I still got the Steam error, and also another error popup at login.

AMD:CCC-AEMCapturingWindow: RadeonSoftware.exe - Bad Image
---------------------------
C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\mantle64.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f.

I used system restore to go back to before the initial driver update and now I'm back on driver version 20.1.3 and everything is back to normal.

0 Likes
3 Replies
haelikor
Journeyman III

Have an RX580. Same issue on Steam.

I've got around it by reverting to an old driver, launching Steam, then manually selecting the inf of the new driver. Long as Steam's opened without the new driver loaded first, it's good.

0 Likes
MarkAce
Journeyman III

I have the same issue doesnt work with origin or epic games. on works with battle.net. Im about to just buy NVidia instead amd drivers have been giving me too many issues. support sucks too. 

0 Likes

Just use 20.11.2. If you don't play the newest games, it doesn't really matter if it's this one or the newest.

0 Likes