cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ROGSTRIXRX
Journeyman III

RX580 8GB ROG STRIX Performance drop with new drivers

Hello everyone, im using the RX580 8gb asus rog strix version with Adrenalin 20.10.35.02 DCH Win10 64 software which windows installs with its own. Games are going very good, performance is high, all good all fine... Later i wanted to install new driver to have AMD software to use, but when I install any newer version of AMD software ive getting significant performance drop, my favourite game is Wreckfest which is going on older drivers on 84fps in menu and 45-60+ while gaming, but with new driver im getting in menu 60+ and 24-50fps while gaming. In half year i was constantly trying install new amd drivers and every time getting perforance drops, and uninstalling it ofcourse for more fps. Can someone share what AMD driver software can cause this issue of performance drop of all games? Tried different settings in amd software and clean install of drivers and windows, nothing helped...

Pc spec: Gigabyte B450 ds3h, Amd Ryzen 5 2400G, RX580 8gb strix, 16gb RAM 2133Mhz, PSU Corsair 650w

0 Likes
2 Replies
mack0y
Elite

Do you still have this issue with Wreckfest?

0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

Go through the settings in the software, just to check vertical sync etc is not turned on..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes