cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

overkillah
Journeyman III

Rx5700xt spontaneous reboot

After the latest driver solved 1 of my problem  ( black screen)  I still have random reboot at idle   sometimes it happen after i close the game and went to desktop   other time  when idle for les then 5 min it auto reboot while on desktop . but if im let say still using the pc it doesnt go to reboot  this only happens on idle . i have switch off everything  which let it go to screen saver  but it doesnt work.  i have updated windows and mobo drivers    it still occurred. 

Also  lately when i play the game Division 2   its random crash freeze the whole screen and nothing happend.

I tried to popup  task management ( to kill the game only) it wont show. the only thing  i can do is choose reboot the whole system .

i got this whole unit last year november and since the beginning i got all this problem . 

After years i thought let go back to AMD ( whole unit is AMD)  

I only have problems with it.

I do have patient  but there is a limit. don't let us down .

Please fix the problem asap  

5 Replies
mickeekung
Challenger

AMDmatt will suggest you to RX 5700 XT Random Black Screens When Gaming  maybe.

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

I think your problem is not driver-related. Because restart problems generally have nothing to do with drivers.
The most obvious causes of restart problems are that...
1) The PSU may be not provide required power for the system to run and it instantly cuts power... and restart occurs. What is your PSU? Can your system perform the OCCT PSU test for 10 minutes?

2) The CPU may be overheat, and the motherboard instantly cuts power and protect the system... and restart occurs. What is your maximum CPU temperature for your OCCT CPU test?

I forgot to place my setup in here  see below:  

CORSAIR RMx Series RM750x - 2018 Edition
Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 - Solid state drive
Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO - motherboard
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Processor
Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT GAMING OC 8G
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro - Geheugen
NZXT Kraken X62 RGB - Vloeistof-koelsysteem voor CPU
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB - Solid state drive

I guess 750W is more then enough ?

When i play BFV  for 4 a 5 hours  straight  it works normal but when i  let it on desktop  and didnt touch it and  with nothing running at the back   it just reboot randomly .

0 Likes

I think the problem is caused by your processor. Also, X570 platform requires 8 + 4 PIN CPU power cable, but 750 watt PSUs usually only contain 8 PINs. For this reason, your CPU may not always be showing the same stabilization.
If I were you, I would try the following things...

I would go into the motherboard BIOS and change the standard settings for CPU stabilization.

For example, I would increase the CPU core voltage. Or I would decrease the CPU core clock speeds.
3700x is a powerful CPU and must have high core voltage to accelerate to maximum speeds. And you're probably encountering an error when the CPU is trying to get up to high speeds.

0 Likes
synner
Journeyman III

I have a 3800x and 5700xt, Division 2 tends to freeze up after about 3 hours.  It's almost predictable.  Considering how many posts I see of people that have crashing/freezing issues with this game with all manner of hardware, I've no idea where the blame lies.  I had similar trouble with Breakpoint also, but once again so has just about everybody.  Haven't played that once since they've added Vulkan though, and I haven't tried DX11 on Division 2.

Anyway, when the game freezes up, if you are still able to push Win+Tab, you can create a 2nd desktop, go to it and THEN open Task Manger.  You'll be able to see it and can kill the game instead of resetting your system.   Hope that is at least somewhat useful.

0 Likes