cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

colbourne1
Newcomer

RX5700XT Random black screens

Okay so i recently put together a new build about a month ago and had few issues with the drivers but nothing bad. About 2 weeks ago my cmos battery started to die so I replaced it and then my pc started shutting off randomly. I re seated all of my cables and that solved that. Then all of a sudden my when browsing youtube or the internet or what not, my pc would freeze then my display would go black for a second and then return to normal all benchmarks show that its fine and temps are good, reinstalled drivers multiple times currently on 19.9.2 and nothing yet but it only happens in the morning when i first launch my pc it only happens a few times. Also i completely reinstalled windows and that did not solve the issue. Performance is good too so that's what really confuses me. I updated the bios to the latest version and reset my overclock's back to base, also i switched my pcie to 3rd instead of auto.

*Edit- It black screened again and it said Default Radeon WattMan settings has been restored due to unexpected system failure.

Specs

Ryzen 5 2600

rx5700xt power color red dragon 

16gb corsair 3200 ram

Evga 750w bronze 

aurous ultra gaming x470

1 Reply
acord
Adept II

you are one of the many who has these problems.

AMD need to get thiere act together and fix these problems, asap.

0 Likes