cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ErebusReactor
Journeyman III

RX5700XT Driver Timeout Only with Newer drivers

I've had to roll back my RX5700XT drivers to a version from 2019- if I don't, particularly on source engine games such as Team Fortress 2 and Garrys Mod but also No Man's Sky- I get random driver timeouts which cause the game to crash. I've tried everything from fresh install of windows, updating windows and BIOS, fresh install of the games etc. they only work when I use an extremely old 2019 driver.

This is obviously not ideal, I want to be able to use the latest drivers but I can't until I overcome my problem. I handed my graphics card to a friend and he could use the latest drivers without any issues. Any ideas?

Specs:

Intel i9-10900
Gigabyte Z490UD Motherboard
16GB DDR4 RAM
RX5700XT

0 Likes
2 Replies

Maybe you should compare what components are different between your friends pc, you only listed some of your system specs. required for someone to offer any possible suggestions.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

His PC is actually considerably more outdated than mine which is the upsetting part. Since you want more info- I run Windows 10 pro. Gigabyte RX5700XT, Hyper 212 cooler, not sure what RAM I have but it's all besides the point. I've had this setup and never ran into a problem until maybe around 2021. Something has changed, not sure what. Any help is appreciated. 

0 Likes