Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

FelixOderSo
Adept I

RX5700XT Black Screens?

Hello everyone,

so since 1 month I'm a proud owner of an RX5700XT from Sapphire.

Since a week every time I Boot up my Windows, my Drivers are replaced with Microsoft Basic Display Drivers and my PC refuses to install AMD Drivers after I reboot my PC 2 times I can finally install the newest Driver. Then when I try to play games like Fortnite or Rainbow Six, both of my screens turn Black and my PC needs a hard reset. Searched it up on Google, no one had the same Problem. I had the same issue on Windows 11 and 10. I did a clean Windows 10 install, same issue. I tried every driver available for the GPU and every Bios available for my Mainboard. I used 2 different Power cords for the GPU and still the same issue.

Hope that someone in here can help me, I start to slowly lose my mind with this problem

My PC specs:

-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

-32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz

- B450 Tomahawk Max II from MSI

-240gb m.2 Boot drive from Samsung

-3x 1TB Toshiba HDDs 

-RX5700XT 8g (Sapphire NITRO model)

Screenshot 2023-01-06 123529.pngScreenshot 2023-01-10 184908.png

Screenshot 2023-01-10 185222.pngScreenshot 2023-01-10 185247.pngScreenshot 2023-01-10 185354.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Well good news I used /sfc /SCANNOW in cmd found 4 corrupt files. After a restart everything is working fine haha sometimes I better try the easy way first lol. 

Anyway thanks for the Help  

View solution in original post

11 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

Shutdown computer. Make sure GPU is properly seated to PCIe slot from both ends.

Clear CMOS once to make sure not setting there is conflicting (unplug from wall socket, remove CMOS batter OR connect clr cmos -pins OR push clr cmos button if you have one)

Start computer

Start Device Manager, what does it show here (type devmgmt.msc to Windows search, right-click the icon and run as administrator):

MADZyren_0-1673374739261.png

Try installing drivers directly:

When you have downloaded correct drivers from amd.com see where those files are extracted on your C-drive -> Right-click that red circle are in dev manager -> Update Driver -> Browse my computer for drivers -> <find the correct folder containing amd gpu driver> -> next -> and so on...

You could also try disabling Windows automatic driver updates, which seem to sometimes cause issues with both AMD and Nvidia GPU drivers.

0 Likes

I reseted my Bios, this is what shows up in my task manager

Screenshot 2023-01-10 200418.png

0 Likes

It would appear you have AMD drivers installed. Doesn't something work?

If you open Radeon software, what does it say here:

MADZyren_0-1673378129741.png

If you don't have this installed, try installing it from amd.com https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-series/amd-radeon-... 

If you have done it already, but Windows keeps installing a wrong version, disable Windows driver update (Windows 10: use Windows search to find Device installation settings -> select No -> Save settings and try to reinstall correct version again.

0 Likes

i deactivated Windows Driver Update shiz, my Radeon Software looks fine:

Screenshot 2023-01-10 202731.png

0 Likes

Ok. You have the right driver - although some people have better luck with 22.5.1 - I never had issues with any driver version, not even that one.

(starting to miss my 5700XT)

I would probably try "shotgun" approach and just try everything like I mentioned in previous message up there. Just make sure Windows has all the updates (you need to let it update multiple times after you installed it) and then nothing but the driver and one game to test.

If HDDs go to power save mode, it might take time for them to spin up again and computer might interprete this as an issue, so maybe try computer with SATA-cables uninstalled from HDD's.

After that... I don't know what else to try. Maybe rule out PSU issues (run computer with side panel removed, follow temps while gaming with HWINFO64 or Radeon software overlay, unstable electricity by plugging the computer to wall socket in another room, connect computer to television instead of monitor for testing.

0 Likes

Okay did everything didn't work, still crashing while launching r6 but this time my Device Manager gave me the following Error Code:

A problem occurred while starting the PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_731F&SUBSYS_E4101DA2&REV_C1\6&23342d8a&0&000019 device.

Driver name: oem7.inf
Klassen-GUID: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: amdwddmg
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0x0
Problem Status: 0xC00000E5

0 Likes

When I had 5700XT and got a black screen maybe twice early on, but never after that, all I had to do was turn monitor off and back on. 

According to NewMoe57 this might be something more common, although I never experienced it when I had 5700XT not so long ago.

Have you tried 22.5.1 driver? Having only one monitor connected to computer, disabling video hardware acceleration, different monitor cable at different port, another BIOS (if you have vBIOS switch on your GPU), make sure you have nothing else installed than Windows with updates, motherboard chipset driver downloaded from amd.com, GPU-driver from amd.com no antivirus, no streaming software or the like, no ryzen master, no afterburner, nothing... Just Windows, Steam and one game.

0 Likes

Yea I used every driver from AMD I have found on their website, I also tried all 3 bios options on the card, same result. The weird thing is if I throw this card in my second pc which has an Intel Core i7 everything works fine even playing games. I also tried a clean Windows install and had the same result where nothing is working. I have read that the problem could be that my CPU just doesn't like my GPU, which is a common AMD problem. I looked up this Problem Code on Google: 0xC00000E5 from my Device Manager. This Code comes from Windows itself with some Register things...

0 Likes

Well good news I used /sfc /SCANNOW in cmd found 4 corrupt files. After a restart everything is working fine haha sometimes I better try the easy way first lol. 

Anyway thanks for the Help  

Sometimes that's the only way lol

0 Likes
NewMoe57
Adept I

Check out the redit thread for AMD, this has been a problem for a couple of weeks now. It needs to be addressed with a driver update. There are many "ideas" out there but all have resulted in the same error message.

0 Likes