Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

reppiesaccie
Newcomer

RX5700XT black screen on boot

Dear AMD users,

a month ago my 5700XT died.
I sent it to the supplier and they confirmed the card was defected, so they send me a new one. 
When i got the card it didn´t work when i put it in the motherboard. I could get sounds of windows starting up but no actual signal input from the GPU to my monitor using the HDMI slot.
I send it back to the supplier and they say it actually works, and they claim they've tested the card.
The odd thing is when i put in my old GPU a AMD Radeon R9 200 Series everything works fine, also before the card died everything worked just fine, no issues with the 5700XT (well a couple at the start but drivers fixed that).
Anybody could help me with what i can do to fix the issue? or maybe the company lied and they sent me a broken GPU?... i brought the PC to a repairshop and they said nothing was wrong with it except the GPU...
Thanks in advance!

What i tried:
Reinstalling Windows and updating it to newest update

Updating BIOS to newest
Installing Radeon software (including drivers)

use power output to max performance
PCLE to Gen3 support on MOBO 

Specs:
Asus ROG-STRIX-RX5700XT-O8G-GAMING
MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
Corsair CX550M PSU PC
Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2E3200C16 16 GB DDR x2
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 processor

0 Likes
5 Replies
mickeekung
Challenger

What is your driver version? 20.4.2?

0 Likes

thank you for your reply Mickeekung.
After discussion with the webshop while testing the GPU they finally concluded that the card was faulty... *sigh*
Either way- should i use the 20.4.2 driver? Or is another recommended? 

0 Likes
mickeekung
Challenger

Try this. It may fix

Access violation errors (Exception code: 0xc0000005) can happen because of different reasons. Corrupted files being one of them. I was getting this error daily. After doing a fresh install of the drivers (DDU and factory reset), I'm currently testing whether or not giving RadeonSoftware.exe admin access will resolve it if it is indeed running into access issues.

I'm on day 3 with no black screen yet. At this point I'd do anything to resolve it. I also gave full access in the security tab and disabled windows "full screen optimizations". I have no idea whether this will work or not but it can't hurt. I'll do what I can until AMD finally fixes this issue.

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

0 Likes

Thank you, again:).
When i recieve the new GPU and i have the issues i will surely make use of this information.
Thank you so much! mickeekung, much love.

0 Likes

for me i had to take on one of my RAMs then start the PC  when it worked then turn off the PC put the RAM back and after that it worked.

i had do the same for my RX 580 too when I was updating my PC form  Rx 460 to RX 580 lol 

0 Likes