cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jlmcr87
Adept II

RX5700 Pulse Out of Range and black screen while on desktop

Hi, i have this new card and i have a problem.

I have set windows to turn off the monitor after 5 minutes of inactivity. So when the monitor turns off and then on by moving the mouse, i can see a message in my monitor "OUT OF RANGE".

This problem is not happening 100% of the times. 

Also I want to add that when i get the "Out of range", to see the image again i have to turn off and on the monitor and this way it works.

My monitor is a BenQ GW2470HL connected via HDMI.

Driver version 19.11.1

7 Replies
jlmcr87
Adept II

Thanks to the amd staff for their responses and solutions given.

I did a fresh windows 1909 installation and the problem persist, only workaround i have found is to activate gpu scale.

Also I have had another problem: screen goes black while on desktop, unplug and replug the HDMI cable brings back the image. This is unnaceptable...

EDIT: gpu scale didn´t fix the problem

0 Likes
akigis
Adept I

Exactly the same problem. Only a full reboot helps. AMD Driver 19.11.2
Monitor: LG 24MK430H-B connected via HDMI.

My system:
AMD Ryzen 3600
MSI B450 GAMING PLUS (Latest BIOS)

Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT PULSE
PSU GAMER STORM 650W [DQ650-M]

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16gb 3200
SSD Samsung Evo 970 PLUS

0 Likes

No, when i get the out of range simply turn off and then on your monitor and the image will be back.

The problem persist with the latest beta 19.11.2.

In 19.11.1 changelog I can read:

Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may experience display loss when resuming from sleep or hibernate when multiple displays are connected.

In 19.11.2 changelog i can´t see this point as fixed, but also it´s not appearing anymore in the known issues list....amdmatt‌ but it still persist and even with single monitor.

akigis
Adept I

Got a black screen on the desktop on 19.11.2 driver. 

Turning the monitor off and on did not help. I tried reconnecting the HDMI cable and the image appeared. Only a complete reboot and reconnection of the cable helps.

0 Likes

I had this problem too but only once in a week since I have the graphic card and it´s different from the out of range problem.

0 Likes
jlmcr87
Adept II

Adrenalin 19.12.1 doesn´t solve the problem

jlmcr87
Adept II

Thanks AGAIN to the amd staff for their responses and solutions given after so many days.