cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ldodwell
Journeyman III

RX5700 New drivers cause massive stutters in my game.

My brand new gigabyte rx5700 was brilliant when I first bought it and worked completely fine, however, when this new driver update 20.5.1 came out every time I played Fortnite, for example, my top number would be constant 144 fps but my bottom number would chop and change between 30-60 fps causing massive frame drops and I was unable to play the game. I did manage to roll back a driver and it worked fine for a bit and now on every driver, it lags my game. I haven't overclocked it and the temps are fine running at about 45 degrees can anyone help me please!!!! 

5 Replies
fthring
Journeyman III

I am experiencing similar problems with my brand new card, the RX 5700 thicc iii Ultra and am annoyed. I was thinking it was something to do with the driver and hopefully not the new card that I just spent nearly £400 on. If it is not sorted I will become annoyed as everything I play is unplayable and might consider switching to Nvidia. 

0 Likes
yokainoisy
Journeyman III

I’ve been having the same exact problem and I don’t know what to do at this point, I’m going to try ddu and reinstall 20.4.1 but pls let me know if you end up finding a fix. Add me on discord @YOКAI#1906

0 Likes
mickeekung
Challenger

What is your window 10 version? 2004(20h1)?

0 Likes

I think I have the most up to date version. What is 2004(20h1)??

0 Likes
zantsu
Adept III

Windows 10 2004.
Massive stutter, massive crashes, massive black screens, massive BUGs

This driver breaks everything in the system, even doing NOTHING crashes this driver.

0 Likes