cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kirigar
Journeyman III

RX5700 displayports stop working after restart

Ok, so this is a really weird issue and I'm kind of at a loss of what to do.

I installed this program to stream my switch games to my pc: https://github.com/DevL0rd/SkyNX. It prompted me to install some drivers and I clicked yes and restarted my pc. After having restarted it the monitor in my displayport port didn't receive a signal anymore, my HDMI output works fine however. I have checked with other monitors and have concluded that the GPU is at fault here. I have no reason to believe that this is malware this reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHaxing/comments/g7mhas/release_skynx_v10_stable_stream_your_pc_games_...  and the github repository seem legit.

I tried booting into my linux installation aswell and that seemed to atleast receive a signal, but the resolution was capped at 640x480. Also the displayport monitors are able to display the bios screen. After this I tried removing the SkyNX drivers but it didn't seem to change anything. How is it even possible that what I install on my windows installation affects my linux installation?

Other things I have tried: Fully removing the drivers with DDU and reinstalling them. Reflashing the firmware of my RX 5700. Fully unplugging the pc and all peripherals for a minute and replugging them. Disabling HDCP Support in the drivers.

Does anyone else have any ideas on how to fix this or even what happened? I have contacted the developer about this, but maybe the people here can help me aswell.

3 Replies

I would return to restore point from before this driver was installed and see if that helps. I have run into this in the past myself. I honestly thought I had a port just go bad and after a clean install of Windows it worked again. 

0 Likes

Nope no luck, but it's not just an error on windows the displayports also misbehave on my linux install.

0 Likes

Well it certainly is possible you just have a card gone bad. It happens unfortunately. Usually those come with up to 3 years warranty. Hopefully you can get an RMA. 

0 Likes