cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tiolpx
Adept I

rx5700 bluescreening with adrenaline 20.1.3 and 20.1.4

not sure if I'm the only one having this issue but I'm getting bluescreens like with error codes such as "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" with 20.1.3/4

currently using 19.12.2 but I think they're starting to become outdated.

Cpu: r5 3600
Gpu: MSI MECH Radeon rx5700
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB 16gb(2x8) 3600mhz
Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Psu: SeaSonic - 520 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular
Case: Phanteks p400a white(drgb)
storage: (C:Crucial MX500 500gb SSD)
(D:Seagate 1TB BarraCuda)
Cooling: Arctic Freezer 33 Esports DUO

0 Likes
3 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

The errors you have got are those caused by motherboard and processor or RAM if there is no OC in the system. 
https://www.amd.com/tr/support/contact-email-form 
Using this link, ask AMD about processor compatibility with the motherboard. Or contact MSI.
Also, using 4 DIMMs can sometimes be a problem. Using 2 DIMs reduces the chance of errors.

can also be caused by drivers when your driver asks to access a piece of ram that's being protected by windows and when windows denies your drivers fricc up and your pc bluescreens, atleast I think that's true, its what techquickie said, but I *THINK* doing a clean install of 20.1.3 fixed it although I'm still not 100% sure, I'm currently playing fh4 and have been without a bluescreen for over an hour.

although if you're someone looking over old forums trying to find a fix, I've found that having XMP enabled in 4x4 can also cause issues. 

source: Blue Screens of Death Explained - YouTube 

0 Likes

It is difficult to find the exact cause of blue screen errors. It is amateur's job (I did not write for your share) that say individual blue screen errors and try to tell you why. I am sure to say... Your video card driver will not make you get such an error. Because I tried all kinds of making crashes and I did not encounter such errors. If you are not using OC, the motherboard will most likely cause these errors. RAM errors are not very common. Because if the RAM is bad, the system will freeze. Good luck...

0 Likes