cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

klopptinho
Adept I

RX570 19.1.2 Stutter

Okay so  I bought an rx 570  the other day and an 144hz  freesync  monitor .  Installed the Gpu  and the 19.1.2  drivers  and the connection is via DisplayPort . 

when i am watching videos , typing , playing games or generally moving my mouse  there is a split second pause  every few moments . 

I uninstalled the drivers using DDU  (the old intel ones and the 19.1.2 amd ones)   rebooted  and  moved the mouse around  with no stutter.

Then I installed 18.10.1  drivers  and as soon as the display driver installs  the stutter returns .

anyone able to offer any possible solution ?

thanks 

Klopptinho. 

0 Likes
8 Replies
gal1nch0
Journeyman III

Hello, and I have the same problem just with Dysplay Port. I bought 2 cables already and I realized that the problem is not in the cable but in the video card. Is there a solution to the problem and I hope you will soon get a new driver. I use the HMMI cable with the HMMI cable and I'm having problems, but if I put the Drisplay Port cable the mouse starts to chop.

0 Likes
hipz
Adept I

Same thing has been happening to me for a while now.  The last stable driver I can use is 18.9.3, which was released back on Nov. 5th, 2018.  Moving the mouse, typing, gaming, videos all have a very short, ~half second stutter every 5-10 seconds.  Incredibly frustrating as I'm sure I'm missing out on a lot of optimizations from the last 3+ months of driver releases.....

I've used DDU to try clean installs of the new drivers, SFC scans, none of that helps.  

Windows 10

ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4 motherboard

Ryzen 5 1600

ASRock Phantom Gaming X RX580 8GB GPU

G.Skills Trident Z 3200mhz 2x8gb ram

Samsung 850 Evo SSD

0 Likes

Have you tried the newest drivers? 19.2.1?

Radeon™ RX 580 Drivers & Support | AMD 

0 Likes

Yes, I tried both the 19.1.1 and the optional 19.2.1, with a safe mode DDU driver wipe between all installs.  Same issue happens with both drivers.

0 Likes
ingbest
Journeyman III

I bought an RX 570 yesterday and after completely removing all trace of the old cards drivers, installing it in my rig, and installing the 19.1.1 drivers I had the exact same issue as you all did. I am an EXTREME minimalizationist in regards to all things performance-wise on my private computers, as in, stripping away parts of the operating system, disabling, or preferrably, removing every single thing that isn't needed to run my systems normally. Part of this approach is obviously to avoid installing any unnecessary drivers (aswell as anything with "Intel" jammed into it's name) to maximize performance, for example, not installing onboard VGA driver and disabling settings for intergrated graphics in my BIOS since I never run my PC without a graphics card like some barbarian.

With my previous card, nvidia btw, it didn't matter at all but seems atleast the RX 570 relies on the VGA driver or at the very least expects it to be present in order to run effectively.

• Uninstall any and all graphics drivers, also the AMD one. Restart.
  • Open UEFI Setup and change settings for preferred graphics to onboard. Save and exit then start windows normally.
  • Install standard VGA driver for your motherboard and then the recommended AMD driver, shouldn't have to restart in between, I didn't atleast. Restart.
  • Open UEFI Setup again and change preferred graphics to PCI, if you know how, completely disabling the intergrated graphics is of course best (AMD driver doesn't need it to ever run, just to be installed). Restart.

This fixed it 100% for me atleast but when I was searching around trying to troubleshoot the issue I don't think I saw any mention of AMD drivers requiring the VGA driver and therfor no posts from anyone solving the problem in this easy and simple manner but understandably it might not even occur to 99,9% of people running into this and honestly, I have no clue how it occurred to myself even. So I thought this was the perfect oppurtunity to try to give a little back. Since afterall I solved my issue in around 5 minutes instead of the usual and seemingly endless research/troubleshooting process can turn anyone completely coocoo for cocoa puffs before finding the answers you need to solve the issue.

-Ingo

tl;dr: This worked.  Amazing.

I'm not actually sure if it 100% worked, because I used the newest 19.4.1 drivers, not the 19.1.1 or 19.1.2 drivers that were both giving myself and others the issue.  I followed the steps and although there wasn't a dedicated VGA driver for my motherboard, I used the all-in-one listed at the top here: https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/Fatal1ty%20X470%20Gaming%20K4/index.asp#Download

It does look like it installs a VGA driver, and it working fine now, so there must be some sort of dependency between the two, if you don't have your motherboards VGA drivers, AMD's drivers will cause mouse/system stutters.

Thank you!

thank you !   worked a treat so far . Top notch fault finding and solving mate !  excellente! 

0 Likes

Here I am 3 years later creating an AMD account just to say thank you. My girlfriends computer randomly started having this issue. Installing the VGA driver for her motherboard did the trick. She has an ROG Strix rx 570 paired with an Asrock x370 killer SLI/ac mobo. Wondering if maybe this is an issue specific to Asrock motherboards. I do desktop support for a living so when issues like this come up its incredibly frustrating that I can't find a fix. My only regret was not finding this forum an hour ago before I started troubleshooting. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

0 Likes