Journeyman III

rx550 black screen

RX550 - VRAM 2048MB
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics
Motherboard Gigabyte A320M
2x 16GB GEIL EVO POTENZA
Power Valianty ATX-500W
Monitor 25UM58G - FreeSync

Presenting a black screen after a certain period of use, no matter what applications you are using and the time to present varies, sometimes presents after a few minutes and sometimes in hours.

I need an urgent solution, I can't take it anymore. Help, please.

0 Likes
3 Replies
andreasthird
Journeyman III

same problem here

0 Likes
guily6669
Elite

Same with RX580, AMD Broke the drivers like 3 or 4 updates ago, cant even remember.

They had it on the known problem list, then they kept updating, they removed from the problem list and I think I never seen it on the Fixed list.

4 me it crashes on web browser and almost every games, but now the black screen is usually not there since on last update AMD improved a bit the crash recovery so now it's faster to recover while before I would get stuck on black screen and the PC acted like frozen and would come back quite a bit later with AMD driver crashed.

Now it simply does black screen and not long after it recovers with AMD driver crash and on games it just freeze with whatever was on screen until it goes to desktop with game crash + AMD driver crash which takes much more than when it crashes on web browser.

It's just stupid and I can't even count how many times AMD broke this GPU, hell even at the beginning when I bought it I had to wait more than a year to actually be able to use the GPU

0 Likes