cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mailmann006
Adept I

RX480 Drivers 24.20.11001.5003 makes third monitor blink constantly and freezes mouse every few seconds

a

0 Likes
1 Solution
mailmann006
Adept I

I found how to repair the "Radeon settings do not match" error after rolling back the drivers at the following link.

https://community.amd.com/message/2864629#comment-2864629

Apparently you just have to delete the proper key in the registry to get rid of the message and enable you to use the AMD settings program once again. Now I am able to use eyefinity and all other options again. I will continue to use the old drivers until the next release and hopefully the issue will resolve itself.

Edit: Yes that is the exact issue I am having. Doesn't seem to matter how many screens I have hooked up or what connections are used to connect them to the pc.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Please provide the following computer information as per AMD Forums rules: INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION .

Second: How are all three monitors connected (HDMI, DP, DVI-D or with a adapter)?

Third: Are all three connected to the GPU Card or are you using both Integrated Graphics (motherboard video outputs) and Discrete GPU card?

Fourth: What version of Windows do you have installed?

EDIT: Seems you have something similar to what is happening in this thread currently running. amdmatt​ is requesting DiagDx files to give to Engineering. Here is the thread. See if it similar to what is happening to your computer: AMD Radeon Software 18.5.1 freezes my computer every 5 seconds

mailmann006
Adept I

Graphics Card: XFX AMD RX480 8GB

PC: Desktop, Custom built on a Gigabyte GA-Z270X Gaming K7 mobo, F9e bios

Driver Version: 24.20.11001.5003

Display Devices: 3x HP LA1951g monitors. 2 attached with DP, one with HDMI, All connected directly to graphics card

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k Skylake

Power: Apevia Iceberg 680w

Ram: 64gb G.Skill - TridentZ Series (4x16)

0 Likes
mailmann006
Adept I

I found how to repair the "Radeon settings do not match" error after rolling back the drivers at the following link.

https://community.amd.com/message/2864629#comment-2864629

Apparently you just have to delete the proper key in the registry to get rid of the message and enable you to use the AMD settings program once again. Now I am able to use eyefinity and all other options again. I will continue to use the old drivers until the next release and hopefully the issue will resolve itself.

Edit: Yes that is the exact issue I am having. Doesn't seem to matter how many screens I have hooked up or what connections are used to connect them to the pc.

Turn on Mouse Trail in Windows settings to fix it. it seems to work just fine after doing that ill do more testing today and see if anything changes

Looks like it still stutters but its not as bad

0 Likes