cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bullet1520
Newcomer

RX460 Windows 7 "Incompatible Build" error

I just refurbished an old Dell computer. I replaced the damaged hard drive with a fresh SSD, loaded up Windows 7 (I had a valid key lying around, I know it's outdated, but I'm selling the PC to a friend anyway), and began installing drivers. 
However, when I plopped in the RX 460 and downloaded the drivers (YES I got the correct version from the AMD site, Win7 64-bit) no matter what I do, I get this error: Radeon Setup has detected an incompatible build.
Windows 7 is fully up to date with every single available update installed; critical, optional, or otherwise. The only info I have found online are that people had downloaded the wrong version of the driver, or Windows was not up to date. Installing using the device manager was also unsuccessful. 
I would like to get this PC running properly, tested, and handed off to the person I'm selling it to, sooner rather than later. Any help I can get would be appreciated. 

0 Likes
1 Reply

incompatible build as far as I know means you are trying to run the wrong bit driver. For instance a 32 bit driver on a 64 bit Windows or vice versa. If that is not what you are doing, not really sure what is going on. Report it to AMD support, they may be able to help. Online Service Request | AMD 

0 Likes