cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kommie
Adept II

Re: RX Vega64 Liquid -- Possible HBM2 Downclocking / Upclocking / Black-Screen issue

Well Gigabyte couldn fix my card. The reseller is giving my money back. Anyone know where I can still buy a VEGA64 LC New in Europe?

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Re: RX Vega64 Liquid -- Possible HBM2 Downclocking / Upclocking / Black-Screen issue

Hi,

No you cannot get them new anywhere in Europe.

You can go on Ebay and but them second hand "they weren't mined, honestly".

Note you will not have any warranty cover if you but them second hand on Ebay , despite what people selling cards on Ebay say.
Look at the Manufacuter Warranties.
Contact the GPU support people as well to check.
Once the GPU is sold to you as second hand the warranty is null and void.
If you try to claim on the warranty using original purchase receipt you would be committing fraud.

For some idea of the fun you get buying second hand see this: Request for help to identify a component on an R9 Fury X please.

You might be able to buy an R9 Vega 64 as "open box" but you will be lucky if you get even a 90 day warranty.
It is not worth the risk.

Right now I can get new R9 Vega 64 Nitro for 500 + Raise the game deal (worth ~ 120)

or

New PowerColor RX Vega 64 Red Devil for 470  + Raise the game deal (worth ~ 120)

(I would forget the Asus Strix RX Vega 64 - there is something wrong with the VRM cooling and BIOS that affects performance.

I would not even go near the Gigabyte RX Vega 64 AIB card. It has a bad cooler and lots of reports of crashing.)

or decide Vega is not worth it and buy an RTX2070 for 450. It performs better than a GTX 1080 or RX Vega 64.

See:

ardOCP: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z Performance Review

or wait for AMD new high end GPU's? Vega on 7nm? Where are they?

Good luck.

0 Likes
kommie
Adept II

I found ones on Amazon.de for 649 Euro

śr., 17 paź 2018 o 11:41 colesdav <amd-external@jiveon.com> napisał(a):

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: RX Vega64 Liquid -- Possible HBM2 Downclocking / Upclocking /

Black-Screen issue in Drivers & Software

colesdav
MVP

Wow well done ... I have been looking for ages. It looks like there is one in stock. Just bought it .. only kidding.
They are EOL correct?

0 Likes
kommie
Adept II

I saw the XFX with 14 left in Stock which one did you see?

śr., 17 paź 2018 o 11:57 colesdav <amd-external@jiveon.com> napisał(a):

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: RX Vega64 Liquid -- Possible HBM2 Downclocking / Upclocking /

Black-Screen issue in Drivers & Software

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Hi,

I saw a listing on Amazon.de and on Amazon.Fr and Amazon.co.uk for  XFX RX Vega 64 ,,, 14 listed in all places. I have been watching for RX Vega 64 Liquid new for some time. The RX Vega 64 Liquid cards were EOL end last year and selling at 600 then. This is a new listing. Be careful - it is a third party private seller on Amazon and the 1 feedback available is not good, also the price should be lower than 649 now. It might be a miner set up as a company and selling the cards as new. Not unheard of ...

Here is the feedback I see on amazon for the seller:

It looks like a scam to me.

I will ask Amazon about the seller.

Bye.

0 Likes
ognwq
Adept I

ognwq schrieb:

I will keep you updated.

My card was prefectly stable since the driver update. Played a lot of games, from indie titles to very demanding AAA games. Youtube video acceleration does not crash the system any more.

Did anybody notice similar stability improvments with the newer drivers?

jcee
Adept II

I'm sick of being a guinea pig and diagnosing, so ive not touched a driver since earlier in the year.   I'm happy to have a solid and stable machine after so much aggravation for so long, thanks to HBM2 locking suggested by Hive in this thread.

I am thankful of you guys that are keeping at it and I do appreciate Hive and the others that have been reporting back into this thread.

0 Likes
kommie
Adept II

I got the new Card from Amazon.De. The card seems new was wrapped seals not broken and no specs of dust. This is an XFX brand unfortunately it also has the Samsung Memory. Hopefully this one will last.

Updating to latest drivers will inform.latest card.JPG

colesdav
MVP

Thank you kindly for for letting me know. I thought having Samsung and not Hynix HBM was a good thing ... on Vega 56 cards at least.
Make sure you attempt to register the GPU with XFX Warranty as soon as possible.
Bye.

0 Likes