cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

colesdav
MVP

Re: RX Vega64 Liquid -- Possible HBM2 Downclocking / Upclocking / Black-Screen issue

OK thanks. PowerColor, Sapphire, and Amazon RMA and technical support have been very helpful to me in the past.

Not ever had to get help from XFX.

0 Likes
paul17041993
Adept III

Re: RX Vega64 Liquid -- Possible HBM2 Downclocking / Upclocking / Black-Screen issue

Punching up for AMD personnel to see, as far as I've heard this is still a major fault with first-gen vega cards.

mrcleanor
Adept II

After nearly 2 years of pain, i just got the rx 5700xt. Not perfect but far less problems.

I really really tried to fix the card but the problem was so fundamental that it was nearly not possible, just with hard workarrounds (HBM @500Mhz min clock)

Hope the will fix it or learn from it!

Thanks again Paul for your Ideas and advice.

0 Likes
anonymousbadger
Adept II

I'm bumping this as it looks like AMD Radeon black screen issues are gaining a bit of public traction after all: https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/306175-amd-is-investigating-black-screen-driver-issues-on-radeon...

It looks like there's (at least) a similar issue on Navi cards as well. And it might be a driver issue after all.

Overall, it might be a good idea to contact writers of these sorts of articles and point them to this thread and/or at least point out the same issue exists on Vega cards.

0 Likes
monsicek
Adept I

I had 2*GB V56 OC having black screen crashes, completely random. 3rd card is working for about a year, absolutely no problem. So I think issue covered in this thread is unrelated to all Navi card issues.

Only other issue I had is black screen when starting CS GO. It was most prominent with 19.10.1 drivers. Yesterday I moved to 20.2.1 and it seems that it is solved or almost gone (did not happen so far). Card is completely on stock.

My five cents on this situation.

0 Likes
gorkemulusoy
Journeyman III

Hello, I have the same gpu (Rx Vega 64 Liquid Cooled) with the same bios and I was having the same problems. Than I figured that the vega 64 could not hit the p7 state (1752mhz) with its current power settings. Than I started to adjusting it. I finally find a brillant settings for my Vega 64. I can use it with no problem and cooler than before. My driver is 20.4.2. I always using the latest driver and I have not encountered any problems since I adjusted these settings.aaaaa.PNG

0 Likes
singul4r
Adept III

For those who cannot solve this issue on Vega 56/64 and Radeon VII the most stable solution by far is installing the Radeon Pro Enterprise Drivers.

Don't load any config file for Adrenalin Gaming UV/OC just configure it all again from scratch.

It behaves quite different on gaming, reaching even higher clocks, different temperatures, and memory levels stability. And is free of crashes, at least for me and for other various users who tested it.

pastedImage_1.png

DDU and Download / install Pro WX8200 driver if you have a Vega 56.

DDU and Download / install Pro WX9100 driver if you have a Vega 64.

colesdav
MVP

Do you mean just install Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise 20.Q2?
Release notes here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-pro-win-20-q2 

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Have you tried this yet?

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-5-1 

Fixed Issues

• Radeon Software may experience a crash or hang on Hybrid Graphics system configurations.
  • On a limited number of displays, launching a game may lead to an intermittent black screen that requires a system reboot to resolve.
  • Fixed an issue where AMD Link may experience random or intermittent disconnects.
  • When performing a task switch, Destiny™2 may experience an application hang or black screen.
  • Overwatch™ may experience an intermittent crash or black screen when joining a match.
  • Incorrect memory clocks may be reported in performance metrics overlay on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
  • Some Hybrid Graphics system configurations with Radeon RX 5500 series graphics products may experience a blue screen on driver installation.
  • High memory usage may be experienced when Instant Replay and Desktop Recording is enabled on a system and a display on the system has timed out or gone to sleep.
  • A TDR or black screen may occur when running the Vulkan test from Geekbench™5.
  • Hitching may be observed in League of Legends™ on some system configurations after performing a task switch.
  • Sniper Elite™4 may minimize when invoking Radeon Software’s overlay.
  • The standard profile in Radeon Software may become applied when the gaming profile is clicked on numerous times in quick succession.
  • Lighting corruption may be seen when moving your mouse in Grand Theft Auto™5 with Radeon Boost enabled.
  • Texture corruption may be seen in the bottom right corner of the screen when moving your mouse in Shadow of the Tomb Raider™ with Radeon Boost enabled.
  • Red Dead Redemption™2 may fail to launch in some Hybrid Graphics system configurations.
  • Memory Tuning may fail to apply on AMD Radeon VII graphics products.
  • “Unable to get requirements” error message may sometimes be displayed in the Upgrade Advisor tab.
  • GPU metrics may sometimes fail to load in the performance tab of Radeon Software.
  • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order™ and Control™ may experience application hangs when launched with Radeon Anti-Lag enabled.

Known Issues

• Radeon RX Vega Series and Radeon VII graphics products may experience performance drops when Performance Metrics Overlay is open while a game is running.
  • Some game titles may experience hitching when Instant Replay is enabled on Radeon RX 5000 series system configurations.
  • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
  • Using Edge™ web browser to playback video content with a multi display system configuration may cause a system hang or crash after extended periods of use.
  • Performance Metrics Overlay and Radeon WattMan incorrectly report higher than expected idle clock speeds on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products. Performance and power consumption are not impacted by this incorrect reporting.
  • Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
  • Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may experience a system crash or TDR when performing multiple task switches using Alt+Tab.
  • Desktop or In-game corruption may occur intermittently when HDR is enabled.
  • Some users may still experience black screen or system hang issues during extended periods of gameplay. AMD will continue to monitor and investigate reports of these issues closely.
0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

I will take a look at this tomorrow to see if I still get Black Screening on the latest drivers.
I have 2 XFX Vega 64 Liquids and one PowerColor Red Dragon RX Vega 56 I can test immediately.

Thanks.

0 Likes