cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bolzenwerfer
Adept I

RX Vega 64 mGPU and not even one game runs without crashing in Crossfire Mode!

Hi,

i am very frustrated with my relativ "new" System, because of crashing and freezing all games in AMD Crossfire mode!

Since i get a new RAM KIT (Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4-32000MHz CL15 16GB (2x8GB)) not even one game runs without crashing in Crossfire Mode!

I tried so much! Tried older driver and now with latest! Always deinstalled with a clean way with DDU in save mode! Tried to install first one graphic card and install the driver, then plugged in the second graphic card. Sadly, but this method did not work either!

Tested both GPU's seperatly and they are both 100% okay! No errors, artefacts, crashing or freezing, if one GPU is working! Can play no stoped and have no problems with games!

I deaktivated ULPS in MSI Afterburner and made sure that the entries in the registry were also at 0! Nothing helped to solve the problem.

The Graphic Cards are not overclocked and i tried to run the games with lower RAM frequency@2133MHz and without CPU OC'ing, only make sure the number goes up!

All drivers up to date!

I'm not sure anymore, but since I changed the RAM crossfire seems to stop working! Could that be possible? I mean, is it possible the RAM may be responsible for causing the crashes in crossfire mode?

Before the Corsair RAM Kit i had a Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-2800MHz CL16. I know  that most of all games are running without crashing or freezing with this Kit.

But maybe because it was last year, or maybe spring, it could be running becuase of older and better drivers? I just do not know it exactly anymore!

PSU should be do the job, without going to the knee!

So what could or should i do or trying to do, which I have not already tried myself??? I would be very grateful for any help

Here is my system: sysProfile: ID: 74686 - BolzenwerfeR

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X@4,2GHz@1.35V

MoBo: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme X370 (flashed to latest 6302 UEFI/BIOS Version)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB DDR4-3200MHz CL16-18-18-36 (2x8GB) 16GB (CMW16GX4M2C3200C16)

GPU's: 2x AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 Black Air (one of them watercooled by Aquacomputer)

SSD's: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, 840 Pro 256GB, 840 Basic 250GB, 840 EVO 500GB

HDD's: Seagate Barracuda 2TB and 4TB

PSU: Corsair AX1200i

OS. Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise Edition x64 Version 1809 (Build 17763.194)

0 Likes
6 Replies
shadow07
Adept III

What about running without X-fire? Is it still crush?

0 Likes

Hey,

X-Fire is not running! It is not even installed!

Edit: First i thought you mean the instant messenger called xfire too!

Later I understood it too, just a little bit longer line!!!^^

No, look as i already wrote, in single mode all games are runing fine without crashes & freezes!

0 Likes
theacclaimed
Miniboss

I am also running a very similar setup with Vega 64 mGPU/Crossfire. I suggest the following.

1) Remove any CPU overclock from the 2700X if applicable to rule out instability with the overclock caused by the new RAM.

2) For the RAM let it run at the high speed profile recognized by the motherboard (i.e. 3200mhz).

3) Download 18.10.2 drivers. Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.10.2 Release Notes | AMD

4) Uninstall the existing drivers.

5) Reboot PC.

6) Install 18.10.2 drivers.

7) Reboot PC.

Test different games that support crossfire. Also test games which do not support crossfire and verify the 2nd GPU is not being used by checking in Windows 10 task manager.

I have found that any driver newer than 18.10.2 is extremely unstable with mGPU/Crossfire and results in BSOD errors such as THREAD_STUCK_IN_DRIVER and TDR_FAILURE.

I will try to test 18.12.3 but from my experience last week 18.12.2 is not suitable for mGPU setups. For stability you are best of staying on 18.10.2.

If none of that works then you need to test with only one GPU. If it is still crashing with a single GPU (i.e. Disable Crossfire) then the Corsair RAM is defective.

Hey,

thank you for your repley. I would try most of it exactly like you suggest!

And after that, i'll tell you again, what happens!

0 Likes

I can't edit my last post, so here is a nwe one...

So...no way, it was worth a try, but in the end it doesn't even matter!

Now totaly enough of this nonsense. I think about to sell one GPU and leave the graphics alone to a graphics card!

It's senseless and so frustrating. It could work so well, but no....

AMD does not seem to think it is necessary to deliver any reasonably stable drivers for crossfire!

I no longer understand this indifference between game manufacturer and developers.

Or of those who could improve it or in other words here have the threads in hand!

So that are the sadly facts.

0 Likes

For those which already interest in the topic still has here...

finally i know the reason and the problem is solved...can't get it till now...

I used a 24pin. ATX Motherboard extension cable, which was defect respec. has a short cut problem...

I always checked my hardware, but  this time i missed it completly, but better late then never, ever!!!

So i disconnected it and finaly silence. No trouble, no more. I am so happy

now with solving the problem finally!!!

...the only 1 or 2 games that made problems were Titanfall 2 and Far Cry 5. But for those i deactivated ULPS in the MSI Afterburner Options!

\m/ !!! greetings to all !!! \m/

0 Likes