Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Re: RX Vega 64 BSOD on driver install

I know this is an old thread, but I had to reply. I myself have a P67A-UD4-B3 Gigabyte Motherboard and am unable to install my brand new Vega 64 GPU! I've reached out to Gigabyte already to see if they will EVER create a UEFI BIOS for my MB, but why does Vega require this to function? My build has been running GREAT for years, and works just fine with a GTX 1070 GPU, so why won't Vega?? I've searched and this seems to be a known issue across the board for Legacy BIOS users, and AMD hasn't said A THING about resolving this?!?! I wanted to jump to AMD to support them, cause I like what they do, but I'm VERY hesitant now moving forward....

Can this be fixed AMD?? Blue Screen of DeathVega 64 BSOD during driver install on GA-P67A-UD4-B3 mobo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Return the card while you still can. I doubt Gigabyte will issue a BIOS fix for a 7yr old board.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

I wish I could, but I bought it from Newegg on a no return policy. (Got it for $740 after tax, which is OVER MSRP, but under current selling prices, hence why i jumped on the deal.) Its a sad day when you want to support a company that speaks to being behind its customers, only to find you're simply screwed now.

PS: AMD does not have UEFI as a REQUIREMENT in any documentation, so if Gigabyte doesn't fix the problem, AMD should. Or at least, they should stand behind their own words. . .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

AMD should fix it but Nvidia did the same thing back in 2012. X58 Pheonix BIOS owners had an issue where Sleep mode would not work with any GTX 600+ Series card. It's still broken on the 1000 series as well. Nvidia looked into the issue but never solved it and went radio silent about it. AMd will probably do the same with this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Well, I'm hoping that's not the case, but ready for that to happen. If they just don't respond or choose not to fix it, I'll just return the card and monitor and basically never go AMD in the future. Which is sad, but that's a horrible way to handle things. With the AMD Threadripper and such I was really hoping to jump to this new solution, but its not looking good.

Going to do a full rebuild tonight on an empty HD and see if that gets me able to install. If not, than I wait for AMD to reply to my ticket. That will decide my future builds (and my builds for my customers/friends; I help out a bunch of people when they want new comps. What I choose and test for myself, I build for my friends/family).

0 Kudos