cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

theacclaimed
Miniboss

Re: RX Vega 56/64 Video playback stutters on High Refresh 144hz on 2nd monitor while gaming

Jump to solution

This issue still exists in the current latest drivers from October and November.

There is also a youtube video that demonstrates the issue at the 12:05 minute mark.

Exploring AMD's Radeon RX Vega 64 Crossfire - YouTube

0 Kudos
taurea
Elite

Re: RX Vega 56/64 Video playback stutters on High Refresh 144hz on 2nd monitor while gaming

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone.

Thank you folks on AMD forums for at least pointing me towards identifying my problem.

I have this exact same issue, here's the thing.

I've just upgraded from a RX580 to a RX5700XT and I'm just now experiencing this issue with Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.9.2.

I've always had freesync enabled on my RX580, but I never saw this issue before I upgraded.

I really don't wanna have to disable Freesync.

My main monitor is an AOC 35-144 hz and my TV is just a 60hz, running HDMI from GFX to a receiver and HDMI throughput from the receiver to the TV.

As far as I can tell, Vega's were the only ones affected by this bug, but I can now confirm that Navi's has it too

I read earlier that reducing Hz from 144 to sub-120 might help with the problem, I'll try that when I get home and report back.

But yeah, the youtube vids posted earlier shows exactly what I'm seeing with 5700XT also.

0 Kudos
taurea
Elite

Jump to solution

OK - Changing my main monitor to 120/100/60 hz.  didn't do the trick.

I've messed around with all kinds of settings, but all to no avail.

0 Kudos
pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

You are not alone in this issue. I don not know that there is a work around for this issue. Make sure to report it to AMD: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

0 Kudos
xplosio
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

As far as I can tell, a Windows update from last year caused the issue. One day I decided to update both Windows and the drivers for my RX 480 (didn't have the issue before that), and the issue appeared. I rolled back the driver to the one I know didn't have the issue, and even tried older drivers - but it still persists. Been keeping Freesync disabled since then. Currently still having the issue on my Vega 64 when I enable FreeSync.

I'm almost tempted to install an older version of Win10 or even run Win 8.1 on my system.

0 Kudos