Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ErikKristiansen
Journeyman III

RX 7900XTX Second Monitor not registering

Hi,

I recently build my own PC and bought a new Radeon 7900XTX. It works fine using one monitor connected by DP, but adding a second monitor via HDMI does nothing. The monitor is detecting something as it doesn't show "no input detected" but it just remains black and turns off after a while. 

The HMDI is brand new and I run Win 11.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thanks, while testing I noticed that I cannot access the monitor settings. It seems the display wrecked itself while being moved from my old PC where it worked fine to my new PC. I tried connecting it to my laptop, but it can't find the display either. 
So I guess the monitor is done and if I want a second screen I need to get a new one

Thanks anyway  

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Is the monitor connected with a normal HD HDMI 2.0 or above cable?

What does Windows Settings - Display show?

Does Device Manager have any errors?

Do you have the Monitor Settings configured to accept PC signals and set for HDMI from the PC?

0 Likes

Thanks, while testing I noticed that I cannot access the monitor settings. It seems the display wrecked itself while being moved from my old PC where it worked fine to my new PC. I tried connecting it to my laptop, but it can't find the display either. 
So I guess the monitor is done and if I want a second screen I need to get a new one

Thanks anyway