Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Raider0001
Adept I

RX 7900 XTX games crashing out

Hi,

Im reporting that driver 22.12.1 is not fully stable, yesterday i played High On Life and the game hanged itself visually, did not happen again and Ive finished the game but today i played God of War and the same thing happened game hangs randomly at least this one time. Did not crashed Warhammer 40,000 Darktide for many hours i spend in this game.

0 Likes
8 Replies
Raider0001
Adept I

hmmm maybe my psu is too weak ? im running 760W fractal platinum and i know recommended is 800W but i do not have top of the line cpu so i thought it should be ok 

0 Likes

can you try to lower your ram speed a little bit via bios and try again? and also do you use freesync ?

0 Likes

yes it was ram, but a bios downgrade fixed it - asus just is not playing well 

0 Likes
Reviktus
Journeyman III

I'm getting crashed to desktop in Witcher 3, God of War and Satisfactory. God of War can go ~30 minutes or more without crashing, it just freezes then crashes. Witcher 3 is more like 10-15 minutes between crashes to desktop. 1200 Watt PSU. I literally just did a full wipe windows restore and it helped but still crashes. 22.12.2 drivers.

0 Likes

i tried running games with admin rights its better

0 Likes
campcreekdude
Adept III

Today i got a crash in Witcher 3 as well. That game is a buggy mess with glitches galore even after the hotfix I have odd frametimes. I switched to 1440p and get 60 fps. When I limited my framerate to 60 fps it has less glitch but then after a little while crash to desktop.

0 Likes
alicano10
Adept I

I have 6800 and same problems everyday. Will amd do something about this for god's sake

0 Likes
campcreekdude
Adept III

I dont think amd released a driver update for The Witcher 3 enhanced edition. I think they should. The 7900 series was released just before the update and christmas season. The reviewers were benching the old version.

I've been playing watch_dogs and project cars 2 and Assassins Creed Black Flag without crashes except in Black Flag soft shadows setting causes the game to crash. So I gotta use hard shadows. 

0 Likes