Hi Guys,

I just built a new PC with the following specs:

Ryzen 9 7950x
RX 7900 XTX
Gigabyte X670E aorus Master
64GB Kingston RAM DDR5 6000MHZ
M.2 2TB SSD
1000W PSU

The Issue im getting all the time, at windows startup is, that the Screen stutters into freeze into blackscreen for 5-10 seconds. Then comes back again.  I get the error report from AMD bug report tool that the Display driver crashed. I keep working with the PC and After it happens a few times I get back the report that the display driver went into safe mode and to change that i have to restart the PC.

Occasionally happens that it does not go into safe mode than i can use the PC as normal, games run well, streaming is okay, however during safe mode the performace is very low.

Can anyone help why the driver keeps crashing? I have the newest version installed, with newest Bios update.

0 Likes
1 Reply
uncyler825
Adept III

If you have an AMD Radeon RX 7900 Series graphics product, and the BSOD (error code: DPC_Watchdog_Violation) problem (caused by amdkmdag.sys)occurs for unknown reasons, you can refer to this article:
https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/for-rx-7900-series-driver-with-refresh-rates-above-60-hz-may-cause...

You can try adjust refresh rates to 60Hz and turn off variable refresh rate feature, disabled AMD FressSync from Radeon Settings.

Notice: Connect 1 monitor only.

This ways maybe can solve your problem.