Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Asaob
Adept I

RX 7900 XTX black pointer/overlay bug

Hello Guys!

I have bought an RX 7900 XTX a day ago. A strange bug appeared when i watched movies with the latest VLC media player. 

Here is what it's looks like : BUG 

You dont need to tell me to reinstall drivers with ddu remover, because i already did that. Funny thing when i try to record the symtom with the adrenalin recorder the problem not appeared. I also have a wacom cintiq 16 and when i turn that display on the problem also vanised. The only time i did recive this error when i used the single monitor setup. I use hdmi/dispaly port converter in that slot where the monitor is connected. I did use with my last card RX 6800 XT and it worked flawesly. I hope you can help me to identify the source of the problem. If you need i can attach dxdiag for further info. Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

I was able to test this using VLC Player and a HEVC video file I recorded with ReLive, there was no corruption during playback like I saw on your video file. The corruption you see might be cause by your HDMI/DP converter, since these are not tested or supported. If possible, please try to use a native HDMI > HDMI or DP > DP display cable. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

I was able to test this using VLC Player and a HEVC video file I recorded with ReLive, there was no corruption during playback like I saw on your video file. The corruption you see might be cause by your HDMI/DP converter, since these are not tested or supported. If possible, please try to use a native HDMI > HDMI or DP > DP display cable.