cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Diamondkey1
Journeyman III

RX 7900 XTX Artifacting in Sekiro cutscenes.

Hi! Just wanted to know if other people have this same bug. On the cutscene that we meet our master and get our katana I have these blue floating artifacts around. I have not played the game further yet and do not know if there is more of this. All the settings are maxed (well no Motion Blur) and I am on the driver 22.12.2 (My GPU is the Powercolor 7900 XTX reference model).

13 Replies
Gabenborn
Journeyman III

Thanks for posting this. I'm getting the same exact issue in death stranding with my AMD reference model 7900 XTX, I haven't tried sekiro yet but there's a ton of blue artifacts in the cutscenes on death stranding, it's more noticeable with fidelity fx CAS setting turned on for me. I also get them mildly during gameplay.  I haven't encountered this issue on any other game so far though, Hopefully this is just a driver bug and can be patched and our cards aren't defective.

0 Likes

The same as me but with an rx 7900 xt red devil, I have tried doom eternal, Ark, Resident Evil 2 Remake and halo infinite I have noticed artifacts and only with Ark and Resident Evil 2 I was configuring if any option causes this and indeed I found it in In the case of Ark, disable light Shafts and motion blur and in RE:2 disable reflection light I hope this is just a driver problem or ask for a replacementark230'4.pngdoom.png

0 Likes

I've had the exact same issue on my Sapphire 7900 XT reference model. I can confirm that it doesn't happen in every cutscene, but it does happen once you unlock the "Revive" option on dying, the first time you do that and get the cutscene it will have the artifacts as well

I tried running the game through DXVK instead and there was no artifacting after doing that (but it has its own issues like compiling tons of shaders, so I didn't really play far or intend to), so I think it's probably a driver issue. It also happens on the latest driver (23.1.1)

Submitted a bug report, but hoping that someone sees this thread and replies.

0 Likes

I also consider that it is a driver error, I also updated to 23.1.1 and the problem continues in these only by activating a certain option and the games that have problems are counted, only in this update in forza horizon 5 when activating FSR 2.2 it restarts my computer , I can only activate msaa so that this does not happen, in the previous drivers that did not happen or at least that is what I remember

0 Likes
Lufy
Adept II

Good luck getting this fixed, if been reporting glitch in doom eternal for months they haven't done anything with it yet, and when i purchased my 6900 XT i reported a bug with valheim crashing with vulkan which they just fixed in a driver i cant even install i wonder if they truely fixed it probably not, AMD is always lying

edit: the bug i reported with Doom eternal are flickering decals that you often see flickering on the ground that game has been broken since they added ray tracing, not mention other bugs that others have reported as well.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks for the posts, we'll look into this. 

Please can you provide your full system specs, driver version used, resolution and image quality  settings used in game, as well as some quick steps on how best to reproduce the issue when we test. 

If you would like to manually file a bug report on issues you find, you can do so via the AMD Bug Report Tool from within AMD Software, instructions here. AMD Bug Report Tool | AMD

Appreciate it.

0 Likes

I'm not the OP, but I can confirm I have the exact same issue in Sekiro at the exact moment he specifies.

System Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X
GPU: RX 7900 XT
RAM: 16GB DDR4-3600 16-16-16-36 (if this matters)
Driver Version: Both 22.12.2 and 23.1.1 have the bug
Resolution: Issue happens at both 2560x1440 (my normal resolution) and 1920x1080
Graphics Settings: Max preset, then turning off Motion Blur while leaving everything else alone
To Reproduce: Once you are able to control your character, simply go forward until you reach the first cutscene. It always happens at that cutscene (and other specific ones, but this is the first and easiest to get to)

Off-topic, but you could likely run that memory at same settings, except 3733 and 1866 IF clock to get more performance. I used to have 3800X and used those settings with B-die kit and got better results than most reviewer on internet, defeated even 9900K is some tests where review sites didn't.

With enough voltage I've gotten 3800/1900 to boot at 14-14-14-34, haha. I initially bought it to play with stuff like that, but I forgot about it until somewhat recently and didn't wanna invest the time into getting it optimally set up and stable (stability for RAM seems to require some extensive testing from what I've read). And now, well, there's really no point since I'm planning to replace it with the new 7000 series 3D CPUs anyway

0 Likes

Thanks, I'll pass this along for investigation.

Lufy
Adept II

I usually run sekiro with dxvd to force ultrawide support might be worth a try to run it with dxvk to see if the issues are still present dxvk can run better at times sometimes to, AMD should defiantly fix this tho like come on, also all other driver issues don't pretend they do not exist even YouTubers are talking about it now.

0 Likes

I can confirm, DXVK does actually solve the problem. Not that I remotely had performance issues, but I just wanted to see. And sure while I could just use DXVK the entire time it would be nice if they just fixed the bug, and I'd like to offer more info when I can to make that happen

gman794
Adept II

My Sapphire PULSE RX 7900 XTX was artifacting in Dying Light 2 with 23.1.1 and also 23.2.2. I moved the card to my other computer and it problem followed it. So I naturally assumed it was the card. So I RMA it and they reluctantly gave me another card. This new card also does the same thing, but only in Dying Light 2. I will just assume it is a driver related issue. 

0 Likes