Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

GilbouFR
Adept I

RX 7600 : errors on boot and after boot about "OpenCL.dll not found"

Received card this morning.

Installed card. Downloaded the latest drivers available for card.

Install. Reboot.

After reboot I get 2 errors "The code execution cannot proceed because OpenCL.dll was not found"

Twice for clinfo.exe

Then, after a few minutes, I start to see AMDRServ.exe errors pop-up with the same problem.

Those happen while I'm playing, and those error dialogs come in front of the game being played.

Reinstalled driver + Reboot : problem still there.
Re-downloaded latest driver, reinstalled, reboot : problem is still there.

Openned a CMD as Admin
Used DISM to download an up to date system image + have Windows 10 do any required repairs.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

after DISM finished I do a sfc /scannow
followed with a reboot
followed with a full Radeon driver reinstall.

On reboot : 2 errors
And randomly I get the same errors from AMDRServ.exe

Since this is the latest driver, I guess something is wrong inside of it.
I have no previous driver to try...

4 Replies
xxrune
Adept III

I think the only thing you can do is send a bug report through the bug report tool or through this link: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form to let them know that it's not just a few people having black screen issues or other issues after recent driver updates.

BTW, I crash on all games with my PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 XTX Red Devil.

0 Likes

Sent a bug report.

I did find an OpenCL library in the Microsoft Store, which I installed :

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/opencl%E2%84%A2-and-opengl%C2%AE-compatibility-pack/9NQPSL29...

But after the reboot I get 3 errors from the Radeon driver.
Two from the clinfo.exe program, one from the AMDRServ.exe
And then at random more from the AMD Serv thing.

The software panel does open, and I can configure stuff, select a game, optimize, and so on.

This error does not seem to prevent the software from working (it seems). But it happens on boot then randomly so I guess the app is trying to launch or do something.

Note : I have been forced to reload that page because it is IMPOSSIBLE to click on the "I'm not a robot" button from the stupid reCaptha.

When I'm in the software, changing options or sometimes just moving from one section to another makes the error happen TWICE each time.

So going in the software to check or config something, I can end up closing 8 to 10 error windows.

Amazing this passed the WHQL test.

Yeah, I'm amazed at how little they seem to care about this stuff, especially since I had direct contact with them through the email. Honestly, I'm starting to get really annoyed at this point and am tempted to contact a tech journalist. Honestly, I think the only thing you can do is hope that they take you seriously when you contact them through this link: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

0 Likes

Fixed the problem by looking for the opencl.dll file on Internet. Once found, uploaded it to Virus Total to check the DLL was clean (at least for known crap). Then copied that file into my C:\Windows\System32

Uninstalled the Radeon driver. Reboot.
I had to remove and reboot because the "Factory Reset" is grayed (nice job there... why is that option there is Windows 10 and 11 don't allow its use because of the update system ?)

After the reboot, Did a full install of the Driver. And another reboot.

No errors since last reboot.
No error if I open the software.
No error if I play with options inside.

AMD, you made me recall the crap that was installing software in the 90's where I had to hunt for DLLs on Internet to fix problems.

And this is not a compliment.