cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Fluke
Adept I

RX 6800xt on 22.11.2 driver crash on Excel. Seriously?

Seriously, every times I am working on Excel the driver keep crashing, why? does Excel is beyond RX 6800XT to handle? The first time all of my work is gone. Then the send time and third time, how to fix it? not to buy AMD product ever again? Why my previous GTX980ti can handle Excel perfectly fine without any problem? Need screen shot or evidence? how? The driver crash and screen is blank.

0 Likes
1 Solution
xlox
Forerunner

driver crash doesn't mean driver problem .. must be a consequence of another issue with you setup , can be corrupted files maybe ? did you check windows integrity ?

did you try reinstalling gpu drivers using ddu ?

View solution in original post

12 Replies
xlox
Forerunner

driver crash doesn't mean driver problem .. must be a consequence of another issue with you setup , can be corrupted files maybe ? did you check windows integrity ?

did you try reinstalling gpu drivers using ddu ?

Thank you for your comment. I reinstalled GPU driver by DDU, the stuttering still occur though but didn't crash yet.

you didn't speak about stuttering , you speak about excel crash .. what stuttering ?

The stuttering occur when moving the column in Excel, sometime it's freeze for a sec. It's never happen on Adrenalin 22.5.1 (WHQL) version.

0 Likes

Try to roll back to 22.11.1, at least it solved many issues that i had recently for me.

0 Likes

Thank you for your comment. I will try roll back if it's crash again.

Are you multi tasking/dual monitor/gaming at same time?

You didn't mention anything on monitor/s setup?

Dual boot OS?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Here is my PC specs: 

Ryzen 7 5800X, X570S AORUS ELITE

MSI AMD Radeon 6800XT Gaming Z Trio

CM MasterLiquid ML360 v2

Corsair Vengaeance 3600mhz 16*2

Gigabyte UD850GM PSU

Samsung 860 SSD PRO 128GB, Western Digital Black SN750 SSD 1TB, Western Digital Black HDD 1TB*2,

Win.10 home

I have 2 monitors: LG Ultragear 32gp850-b and Wacom Cintiq 22

Most of the time, I did open Visual Studio Code, Clip Studio and sometime Excel at the same time not while gaming but even Excel only it still crash. I never have problem with my previous setup working on multi tasking. They almost the same specs except for CPU, GPU and RAM

Here my previous setup:

I7 6700k

MSI Duke GTX 1080TI

G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133mhz 8GB*2

Others are same as current setup except for AIO cooler I can't remember what the brand is.

0 Likes

is your bios up to date ?

0 Likes

Yes

0 Likes
hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

I can load up excel and move my windows around without any issues on 22.11.2 so your system must have corrupt files or bad registry entries.

0 Likes

Does the stuttering occur when moving column in Excel? it's feel like delaying a bit or sometime stutter.

0 Likes