cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Slacker
Adept I

RX 6800 XT VRR not working

I have a 6800 XT connected to a Sony X90j that supports VRR (after the recent firmware update) but the Radeon drivers don't show the option to enable VRR.  It only lists the AMD freesync option as not supported by my display.  VRR mode is enables in the display settings on the TV for this HDMI input and I am using the latest AMD drivers just released this week.  I have a certified HDMI 2.1 cable and 4k 120hz works fine with this setup.

Am I missing something in the settings to get this to work? or, is VRR not supported yet for my Sony TV with current Radeon drivers?

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

6 Replies
Agoyyes
Adept I

Just take a look at this thread:

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/how-to-enable-vrr-on-rx-6800/td-p/438566

Basically AMD screwed us over...it disabeld vrr support at HDMI 2.1 4k 120 Hz....

Best regards

and dont buy AMD again!

0 Likes
Slacker
Adept I

Updated to 22.5.1 driver and..... VRR still not working!

0 Likes

Sure...did you expect to?...i said that it was an rip off...even the ps5 got vrr... how shameful....

0 Likes
2dcomplexity
Journeyman III

I knew this would become more of a problem as more TVs support HDMI Forum VRR.

Sadly, AMD will continue to ignore the issue. I had a long running ticket open last year regarding this same issue on an LG E9 that went all the way up to engineering. I thought for sure something would be done about it, but they suddenly closed the ticket effectively saying they were unable to help.

If you want HDMI Forum VRR, it's RTX or nothing right now, and probably for the foreseeable future.

0 Likes
Agoyyes
Adept I

I agree...but if you have rtx you might also user g sync cause this tv supports it...i knew i should have bought a 3080 from the start...i learned my lecture for next time

0 Likes
Agoyyes
Adept I

VRR seems to be enabled now as of the lastest patch (23.XX.XX) . Be aware however that the color impression (let it be gamma level or whatever) is different after patch installation. Not in the sense that its worse but simply different. In my point of view the VRR ist worth it.

0 Likes